Previous topic Next topic

Chrome
6 (33.3%)
Body color
12 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: June 18, 2021, 08:41:07 AM

headejm

I'm thinking of changing my racing mirrors from body colored (FC7) to chrome. Interested in what everybody thinks about chrome mirrors.  :cheers:

anlauto

I like chrome, but some times depends of the body colour too... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Oddly enough....while shopping around I've found chrome racing mirrors to be cheaper then painted racing mirrors  :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7212Mopar

I like chrome for classic cars. Same for the bumpers. Cars with the chrome trim on top of the doors look even better.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

70vert

I switched from chrome to body color a few years back when I had my car painted, wanted to tone down the chrome look a bit. Also switched to body color gas cap (still have all the chrome). Then I went and put Cragar's on, LOL. I still think it looks better body color but everyone is different.

RUNCHARGER

For me on a boxy B-body 62-70 they should have chrome mirrors. On a more modern, streamlined car such as an E-body or 71 and up B-body I prefer body colour.
Sheldon

ragtopdodge

Body color for an e-body.

cudamadd

Just  my opinion I like body colour. Because nothing looks worse then the pitting in the Crome  .And when the crome  goes off and  becomes dull

70 Top Banana

I think it depends on the car and your preference I like body color on an Ebody but that is just me. B body and A body cars again depends. I had a 68 charger that had chrome side mirrors and it looked great. Do what you like, it is your car.