Main Menu

Wiper Arm/Blade Problems

Started by money pit, March 12, 2021, 06:07:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

money pit

Hi Everyone,

I wasn't sure if this is the right place to post this question, but here goes:

I have two issues with my wiper arms/ blades on my 70 Barracuda. When I bought the car around 4 yrs ago the windshield had deep scratches from the wiper arms/blades and the stainless steel trim on the bottom of the windshield had deep gouges. I just got the car painted and had the windshield replaced and  I don't want the same thing to happen. Is there a way to adjust the pressure on the wiper arms so they don't hit the trim? The other problem has to do with the wiper blades parking when the wipers are turned off. They stay about the 12 o'clock position in the off position. If I take the weight off the wipers, they park correctly. I feel this is related to the first problem.  Anyone have any solutions? Thanks everyone in advance.

Chryco Psycho

You need to get the lower trim as snug to the windshield as possible so the wipers easily ride over it .
you could stretch the spring inside the arm to reduce the pressure but I am not sure if they would wipe properly at highway speed then .

Ns1aar

Could be the pivots in the wiper arms are worn

anlauto

Bend the metal wiper blades so they have more of an arc, that holds the arms up higher so they don't hit the trim :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration