Main Menu

2017-indy-cylinder-head-chrysler-performance-show-and-swap-meet? Good show?

Started by Brads70, October 12, 2017, 07:20:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on October 17, 2017, 06:15:35 PM
Quote from: 69BFan on October 17, 2017, 06:11:16 PM
It is really funny watching the vendors unloading their goods as fellow vendors are basically unloading it for them on Friday.  Being that the Friday lineup is basically all vendors, I would say some of the prime items are sold a couple times on Friday before the buying public gets an attempt at the piece on Saturday.  Last year, the show was a complete sale out for the swap meet spaces and I would say unless they jack the prices up unreasonably, it will be sold out before the event opens the doors to the public.

Like all swap meets if you REALLY want/need something the trick is to rent a swap meet spot, sell some parts but really your just there to get first crack at the stuff you want/need.
I know people that rent spots at Carlisle just to park so they don't have to walk so far with purchases. They do sell "some parts" but thats just a secondary thought.

Heyyyyy  I resemble that remark ! :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MOPAR MITCH

69BF -- I have nothing against small business, or private swap meet vendors, but I feel the hype that the show generates tends to lead the impression that there were going to be the bigger names.  Some of the private business you mentioned are certainly good vendors.  Overall, there were still more typical swap meet type vendors (selling used items.. and I look over their items equally as all other's).