Main Menu

I know it's a Camero, but....

Started by blown motor, June 06, 2018, 06:49:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

Wow.  I had no idea. No wonder we get so many thumbs up.

Okay, so how many ebodies are still alive and being driven?

6bblgt, lets see that stat. :wave:

Ill guess 38,000 still alive.

Daveh

Jim is correct back in the day you could buy them at the parts counter but with those cars they would actually come boxed up and in the trunk for the purchaser to install.  Funny thing is that when the new owner asked the dealer to install it for them many wouldn't because they were difficult to set up.  To get out of doing it and not look stupid the dealer would say they aren't street legal so we can't install it.  The reason many ended up in the trash was because the new 19 year old owner would try to install it not knowing what they were doing and trashed it for the 4 barrel because they couldn't make it work. 

1Burgfish

Wasn't that engine known as the 302 DZ?  :bigmoney:

Daveh

Yes the DZ 302 was the hot engine.  Very expensive if you locate one.  They stopped making it in 1970 in favor of the LT1 350 another great engine. 

IRON MAN

I bought a 68 Camaro out of a car show....done. Spent another 17 grand on modern upfits. Nice but kinda like a belly button, every one has one. I like all 67-68-69 Camaro's equally. Some car buffs don't like the 67's wing windows or pinto front  lights, some consider the 68 a repeat, some don't like the square-ish fender wells on the 69. There is a lot to like about all three years. GM's answer to the M'tang.