Main Menu

Kissimmee 2023 January 4-15

Started by 69BFan, December 07, 2022, 08:51:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

69BFan

So who is going to Kissimmee in January?  For those who have never attended, it is basically a large car show and social event with something for everyone.  Been attending since 2017 and always amazed at how well it runs and some of the cars and pieces that are brought out.

For those attending or down in the Central Florida area, I will be attending from January 12th through 15th.  If you should need any of our product line, let me know and I can bring it along for what I can fit to save you on the shipping fees.

https://www.mecum.com/auctions/kissimmee-2023/?utm_term=mecum%20kissimmee%202023&utm_campaign=Google+-+FL+-+Auction+Details&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=9929713099&hsa_cam=18377236507&hsa_grp=145307726590&hsa_ad=622791354615&hsa_src=g&hsa_tgt=kwd-1748831657254&hsa_kw=mecum%20kissimmee%202023&hsa_mt=e&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3&gclid=Cj0KCQiAkMGcBhCSARIsAIW6d0DG7sS2IPA1zg0WLu8PynDyn1cFHgrWM07a8VySg0kygPCe_mqC8SMaAsx5EALw_wcB
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

MoparCarGuy

I will be attending on Saturday, January 14th, 2023. Highly recommended to everyone in Florida. A full day of exceptional cars to check out.

Rdchallenger

Myself and a few friends are going from the 10-14th for part of a bachelor party week. We usually go to the Harrisburg every year(which is always a great time) with talk of going to the big one in Kissimmee. So we thought what better time to do it with Gold passes and then go out in the evenings/nights in Orlando.

JH27N0B

I'd love to get down there. It's a long ways from me though.
Someday I need to make it happen.  Maybe I'll have a space in my garage open and a big wad of cash in my pocket and I'll go there to bid.  Well I can dream I guess.  :D
I have been heading down to their Indy auction for a number of years now and it's well worth the 3+ hour drive to see.  Indy is almost as big as their Kissimmee auction and has many cars you'd ordinarily only see at a museum or MCACN.
For those on the fence, you won't be disappointed if you go, mind boggling collection of cars to see!

Katfish

I see online tickets are $20, do they up charge if you don't pre-buy?
I'm tempted to go, only 1 hr away, but have never been.

JH27N0B

They were $30 at the door the two Mecum auctions I attended this year.
$20 in advance but they add a service fee, so it ends up being $22 or $23 for pre purchase tickets.

69BFan

Purchasing a ticket at the gate is $30.00 per person for that particular day.  If you purchase on line prior to midnight of January 3rd, you can get a ticket for $20.00 which can be used for any day that you would like to attend.  Not sure on the service fees.

I have always just purchased a bidder package for $200 and an extra pass for $50.  There is three of us attending, so even if we purchased the tickets online in advance, it would cost me $240 for four days.  With the bidder pass, you are able to get into areas that otherwise you may not be able to enter with just a spectator pass.

In years past, when the heavy hitter cars start coming through door, the arena can get packed with people.  When the Bullitt Mustang went through, people were probably standing ten deep up in the very top rows trying to see the auction.  They really know how to hype up the process and bidding.

Also, parking is $10.00 per day unless you purchase a Gold Pass.  By mid day up until early afternoon, the lots fill up and you will end up circling the area waiting for a spot to come open.

For the money, it is hard to beat in my opinion.  Your able to see some of the best cars in the country and the vast majority of them are not fenced off, so you can easily view and photograph the cars close up.  Also, as the cars are moved from the various buildings and tents, you are actually able to hear the cars crank up and run.

For anyone that enjoys cars of all makes and models, it makes for an awesome time and the weather is hard to beat as well.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.