Main Menu

Local "Anything Goes" Car Show yesterday!

Started by ViperMan, July 23, 2017, 12:23:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ViperMan

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 24, 2017, 08:33:13 AM
Well i would put in a New Hemi  wiring is not that bad to do

It's not the wiring I'm worried about as much as the CPU and all the various sensors it needs to do it's job.  I'd be looking to build something extremely simple for drivetrain because it's just not going to be driven that much to begin with - basically a show queen and occasional run for burgers or something.  :)  I'd save the modern Hemi for the GTM kit car I still want to build someday.   :vipermanhiding:

1 Wild R/T

Yup, in the post about looking for a Cuda Viperman mentioned that he didn't mind electrical.....  Bring it!!!

ViperMan

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 24, 2017, 09:05:25 AM

Yup, in the post about looking for a Cuda Viperman mentioned that he didn't mind electrical.....  Bring it!!!

I don't!  :)  I wish I had a fancy cell phone back in 2007/8 when I repaired a bunch of wiring under the dash and rewired under the hood of my '73.  The fuseblock under the dash had melted from a short because someone in the past wedged a wire in across the terminals where a fuse belonged...   :verymad:  Anyways, I cut out the melted plastic, cleaned the terminals, checked for any shorts to ground, and put it all back together.  If I recall correctly, it was the circuit for the dash lights.

I'll never forget - I had this curmudgeonly old mechanic at the shop I managed at the time, and the next morning I took the car in and popped the hood to show him the job I did.  He said, "Where the hell are all the wires?!"  I showed him how I had run them tight along the valve covers, and everything was loomed in black - he was amazed, and from him, that was a big deal.  :)

I even managed to retain the original pins from the 5-wire plug that connects to the ECU, but was able to carefully pull the pins from the plug, open them, pull out the old wire, solder in new wire, and reclose the pins around the new wire.  So I kept the original plug and pins, but had new wire going all the way in.

I love wiring - I have a huge collection of different colored wires in different gauges.  I dunno - I find it to be a lot of fun.  :)

1 Wild R/T

I love wiring to.. It's fun to do a good job at something most want nothing to do with...  That said don't let a modern Hemi swap scare ya... If my Challenger wasn't a #s deal I'd be doing one..... Funny thing, one side of the hobby is all about preserving #s cars & I get it, hell I've got a few... But honestly I've always said clones are more fun cause you can modify them any way you please.....  And modern powertrains are impressive... I love the car Goody is building.....  He's made allot of good choices.....