Main Menu

MCACN 2021

Started by chris NOS, October 31, 2021, 01:36:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

It's actually the 3rd.  First was 2016 several weeks after getting it put together and started for the first time. It was in the back area in Mopar Alley.  It didn't get much in the way of media attention, but a number of people stopped by to tell me they'd followed my build and set backs over the years and were excited to see it.
2018 I entered the car in the long term owner display and signed up for OE judging, where it got a gold award with 984 points.  I also was featured in a Dodge Garage article.
https://www.dodgegarage.com/news/article/lifestyle/2018/12/long-term-relationships-the-one-that-didnt-get-away-chapter-1.html
The general rule at MCACN is that a car will only be in 2 shows, but exceptions are made for some cars due to being well known cars attendees are excited to see, or cars that are needed to contribute to a feature display.  The black ghost hemi Challenger will be there again this year for its 3rd appearance due to its fame, as will the hemi Challenger El hemi originally owned by a Venezualian Chrysler exec, later brought back and restored by the family.  My car, as it fits in well with the T/A AAR feature, for examples.  My friend Rogers FY1 AAR is in the T/A AAR display also, I bet it's been in the show 6 times for various displays.
All in all, 90-95% of the cars this year have never been in this show before.

anlauto

...helps that you work there too!!  :rofl:  I don't think anybody would get tired of seeing your car, or the cars you just mentioned :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

I'm a bit bummed I'm in this years carry over from the Covid canceled 2020 show's T/A AAR feature, as it was recently announced that there will be a big Mr Norms tribute display in the 2022 show.
I'd rather be in that.  If I asked, my car would very possibly be accepted, and depending on how many and what models of cars Bob gets to sign up for the Norms feature, maybe he'll decide my car should be in it.
But I'd rather not it be in the show 2 years in a row, and I'm hoping to help organize a "Malaise era Muscle" display where my Magnum GT can be displayed. Yeah I'm close enough I could figure out how to get both cars there and back home afterward with little trouble but I'd like to focus on my display idea.  Bob was interested but put the ball in my hands to see if I could recruit the 10 or so cars that should be in that display.

71383bee

I'll probably be there Saturday.  I might come with just the kids to check it out. Good time for a typically chilly rainy November weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

Skdmark

I'm planning on being there Saturday with my youngest daughter. This has really become my favorite show to go to.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

TheAutoArchaeologist

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals,

12th all indoor show devoted to the country's finest Muscle Cars, Dealer-built Supercars and Corvettes. "The Center of the Muscle Car Universe" says Muscle Car Review magazine. Over 500 prime examples of American Muscle. General Motors 1970 "Top Dog" Invitational display, featuring LS6, RA IV, Stage 1 and W30 Convertibles and Hardtops, Pontiac Ram Air FIREBIRD Invitational, Challenger T/A and AAR 'cuda Invitational, Shelby & Mustang Pinnacle competition, Class of 1970 and Class of '71 50th Anniversary displays, Corvette Central Triple Diamond display and competition and more.

Also featuring Vintage Certification for unrestored originals and our fun Barn Finds and Hidden Gems along with Muscle Bicycles, Mini Bikes and automotive only vendors. Held at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL. Minutes from Chicago's O'Hare Airport.

Title Sponsor; Mecum Auctions, Presenting Sponsor; Bill Stasek Chevrolet.

Info @ (586) 549-5291 or bashton426@gmail.com. www.mcacn.com

You can view the entire show magazine for free at the link below!
https://online.fliphtml5.com/juqbu/atuc/?fbclid=IwAR2sLkh2vOqlrqnIjKchj_1ZMTKnrq22gPR2NvYG08gjXHPm41kl8UBuMoA#p=1
Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

JH27N0B

JH27N0B

Tomorrow I have to be there at 9 am for my shift watching the exit door of the facility.  It will be cold as the door will be open all day for the rigs to exit after unloading.  I'll be doing the same Friday. If I'm not in the hospital for hypothermia after my Thursday shift that is.  :rofl:
Over the weekend I'll be watching the stage area which is my usual MCACN job for a number of years.
My car is getting picked up Friday early and maybe I'll get to stop by and see it over the weekend a time or too.
Stop by and say hi if you see me!

chris NOS

Expecting to fly tomorrow morning from Vienna Austria to Chicago !! I hope everything will be fine and be able to attempt my first MCACN!!

Spikedog08

Looks like it is going to be a great show! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

AARX2

I recognize a few of those ebodies.  :banana: :banana:

anlauto

YUP, you and Joy must be a couple of proud peacocks....

KEEP THE PICTURES COMING  :)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Ricomondo

Quote from: Spikedog08 on November 18, 2021, 01:36:48 PM
Looks like it is going to be a great show!

Hmmm those pics looks familar........ :wave:
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

Skdmark

Looking forward to being there on Saturday.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

JH27N0B

Starting in a few hours. Going to be a great show!  Lots of prime E bodies there, besides the quite large gathering of AARs and T/As, there are more R code Cudas and Challengers in one place than has been seen at a show in quite some time!
My favorite E body so far is a 70 Challenger JH23N0B car, burnt orange with gator grain top!
I've taken tons of pictures but after 12 hour days there I haven't time to download and organize them, be patient I'll have Flickr albums next week I promise!  :needphotos: