Main Menu

Mopar De Anza College Show, Cupertino, CA.

Started by Topcat, April 22, 2018, 12:13:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Linked Events

IRON MAN

HP Cuda, Thanks for posting the pictures.  Doesn't look like over 300 MOPARS participated as anticipated. Hopefully someone else will disprove this and post more pictures.

72bluNblu

It seemed like a pretty decent sized show. Not sure if there was over 300 classics there, but I bet there was over 300 cars with the modern classes. Looks like those pictures might have been from later in the day, there was a pretty big exodus at about 1pm when people could start leaving, even though the awards and stuff were still later.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see much of the show, I was at my swap space the whole day and was there by myself so I didn't have much of a chance to take in the show. Sold some stuff though, so that was a plus.

floorit426

Quote from: Topcat on June 10, 2018, 07:40:07 PM
@floorit426 (Bill) and I had a blast today.   :slapme5:

We did do a little Dog fighting on the roads and we were neck and neck till we both let off so as not to be going too crazy a speed.

All in all, it was a great day. Much thanks to Wade, for his hospitality. No question that it was a fun ride home, mixing it up with Mike, a little.

Cudino

Quote from: floorit426 on June 11, 2018, 03:22:46 PM
Quote from: Topcat on June 10, 2018, 07:40:07 PM
@floorit426 (Bill) and I had a blast today.   :slapme5:

We did do a little Dog fighting on the roads and we were neck and neck till we both let off so as not to be going too crazy a speed.

All in all, it was a great day. Much thanks to Wade, for his hospitality. No question that it was a fun ride home, mixing it up with Mike, a little.
My pleasure Mike and Bill!  Really fun day yesterday.  As for the quantity of cars at the show I heard they had about 150 preregistered, and planned for up to another 100 drop-ins, but I didn't hear the final total.  My guess is there was 200 in total, counting both moderns and classics.  Here's a pic of us as we were just leaving.

- Wade

1 Wild R/T

Sorry I didn't make it, I took a drive into the mountains.....   I hate dealing with Bay Area traffic........

7212Mopar

It was a nice day for the show. Two 340 rusty blocks available for sale and for a moment was tempted to pick one up. Too many newer Challengers at the show (including mine) and there were two new Demons. Less E bodies show up this year compare to previous years though. My son's favorite car was the ACR Viper parked at the far side. He said "Dad, it is so much cooler looking than your Challenger and Mom can't sit in it".  :bricks:

Two Nissan GTRs decided to crash the show and parked next to the Vipers uninvited. Not sure if they got kick out. Also the Cupertino Police decided to show up, probably because quite a few people decided to gun their engine leaving the show. I had to wait until the smoke clears before leaving. Look forward to next year with my 73.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket