Main Menu

Mopars at the Park show Fox Lake IL

Started by JH27N0B, June 22, 2018, 05:52:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Linked Events

JH27N0B

I guess this is weekend for Mopars at the Park car shows!
The Chicagoland Mopar Connection is hosting their annual Mopars at the Park car show in Veterans Park in far northwest suburban Fox Lake IL.  This is always a nice show with lots of trees so we don't have to bake in the sun all day!
We've been deluged with rain this week but much of the park is on high ground so should be OK.
I'm hoping to take my convertible up there for the first time in many years now that the leaky engine is rebuilt!

BIGSHCLUNK

Missed the last 2 years.... wish NIKKI was ready to roll  :wrenching:

JH27N0B

It turned out to be an excellent show Sunday. Weather was perfect and turnout was good.  Approximately 150 nice Mopars in the park!
Highlight for me was another JH27N0B "flat hood" car showed up.  I've seen it a couple times before but never had my car present at the time.  It's another high optioned one with the interior the same color as the body.  2 of the maybe 115 made parked next to each other, a rare sight indeed!
And parked on my other side was a real FJ5 hemi cuda!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/111914442@N04/sets/72157696750942471

BIGSHCLUNK

Higher optioned than yours Brad?  Yours has been the top of the check list that I've seen.  :ohyeah:

RUNCHARGER

Interesting cars, looks like it was a great show.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on June 27, 2018, 08:32:57 PM
Higher optioned than yours Brad?  Yours has been the top of the check list that I've seen.  :ohyeah:
It's an AC car too so it's FT was mostly blocked by a hose and I couldn't see most options on its tag.
But it is an R VON and mine is a Q VON, therefore both are highly optioned executive lease or public relations cars.
Mine might have had a few more boxes checked on its order sheet.

halftrackman

Thanks for pictures, I sure would like to have been there.  I been to fox lake  several times.   I sold a friend in Chicago a 71 gold GTX, might be the one in the picture.  I bought 3 new Roadrunner in Gary IN. where I did live back in the old days.