Main Menu

Ontario Hotrod Tour

Started by blown motor, June 02, 2022, 03:17:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Day one of a four day tour in Southwestern Ontario. 50+ cars. Car ran good most of the day.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

:o What happened? Why the flatbed?

blown motor

Lining came off the brake pad and jammed the wheel. Going to be a bumpy ride tomorrow.

Dakota

:('.  That sure left a mark.

Cudajason

oh man that sucks.  If you need wheels and tires and can load my rears up and drop them off to you for the reminder of the tour.

Just shoot me a text, I am not working tomorrow and should be around until noon.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

blown motor

Picking up new pads at 8:00. There's a great pit crew with us. We'll see how it goes with tire. Thanks for the offer.

BIGSHCLUNK

blown motor

So we siliconed the lining back onto the shoe last night and put a ratchet strap in it to pull it tight. This morning we tried to put the drum on and it wouldn't go. Pulled it back off and the top half of the other lining fell off. Bottom half felt very secure. Took car to pick up new shoes and get gas. All good. We head out and it's all well. Pull into second stop of the day and it starts growling. We are at RM Restoration and we start wrenching in the parking lot. One of the staff come out of the machine shop and says if we need anything just ask. We determine the backing plate got distorted at the initial impact and maybe the drum is no longer perfect so we have the shop cut a band off the outer edge of the drum so it no longer rubs the backing plate. It runs good the rest of the day. It should get us through the tour and I deal with it right when we get home. Just lucky that it started acting up again when we were at a stop that could deal with it.

blown motor

Parking lot pictures tonight.

blown motor

Day 3 took us to a private collection, a winery, a drive along the north shore of Lake Erie and a cruise down the Niagara Parkway above the falls with a bunch of local classic car owners. One more day to go.

jimynick

Thanks for putting this up Murray! For those that don't know, the top pic of the two black Challengers, is of Murray's on the left and mine on the right as we both went on the tour. We were on roads that I've never been on and places I've never been, period. How about some shots from RM Restoratios and the Cadman collection Murray? It was a 4 day run and the only dull spots were the one time rain and the price of gas ($2.00+ a litre) !! The parking lot parties were fun as well.  :twothumbsup:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

Did you have to get hotels every night ? That couldn't have been cheap ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

Yes, hotels each night. I spent about $400 on gas.

blown motor

@jimynick I don't have any pics from RM. Too busy working on my brake situation.  :tired:

jimynick

I'll text you some of mine so you can put them up, ok? :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"