Main Menu

30 Days Away! Tent update!

Started by Spikedog08, June 15, 2022, 08:18:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

So we are 30 days out and I have been informed that our tent situation is a little different this year but certainly will work.  We have two tents in the E-Body area that are 10 ft apart or just about right next to each other.  I figure we will put up smaller tents in between to make one large area for all of us to gather!  I received my Gate and Go sticker yesterday and am already saving gas money for the trip!  I am hopeful that some of our members plan to make the trip this year and we can all enjoy the show now that the COVID pandemic is calming down.   Any of our Canadian members coming? 

Miss you guys!   :bye:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

cuda hunter

Can't wait!  I received my pass for vendor spot N5 last week.   

Saving money for gas as well.  Gonna have to be careful not to fill the truck this year with parts.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

69BFan

For those on here who are a You Tube follower of Nick Panaritis of Nick's Garage, he will be attending Carlisle this year.  He will be bringing down his 70 Challenger 440 four barrel four speed that is a factory 440 U code four speed that he built as his dream car as a tribute to the Vanishing Point Challenger. 

He will spending time at our tent and talking with Ed today, he is working to set aside two spots up on Duke Blvd. as well for those who want to meet and see Nick at possibly specific time slots.  Once Ed, Nick and I get this confirmed, I will post the actual spot numbers for the location. 

Also, the show directory / event guide goes to print on Thursday, June 23.  So if things go as planned, the on-line version will be available for viewing on that Thursday afternoon, probably just after 5:00 PM. 

I know that the fuel cost and other associated cost will be high for all of us, but PLEASE get out and support the events and everyone who makes this possible for us.

Thanks,
Richard
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

I'm going to charter a private jet and fly down to save on gas, cheaper then driving my truck  :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Spikedog08 on June 15, 2022, 08:18:47 AM
So we are 30 days out and I have been informed that our tent situation is a little different this year but certainly will work.  We have two tents in the E-Body area that are 10 ft apart or just about right next to each other.  I figure we will put up smaller tents in between to make one large area for all of us to gather!  I received my Gate and Go sticker yesterday and am already saving gas money for the trip!  I am hopeful that some of our members plan to make the trip this year and we can all enjoy the show now that the COVID pandemic is calming down.   Any of our Canadian members coming? 

Miss you guys!   :bye:

I have a 10X10 ezup tent if needed. I am about 75% sure I'll be coming down for at least Fri/Sat

torredcuda

Quote from: Spikedog08 on June 15, 2022, 08:18:47 AM
  I received my Gate and Go sticker yesterday and am already saving gas money for the trip! 

Same here.

I have a great wife - she hates her job but even offered to work OT some Saturdays to help pay for gas so I can go  :inlove: , can`t wait!
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

anlauto

Quote from: 69BFan on June 15, 2022, 07:25:28 PM
For those on here who are a You Tube follower of Nick Panaritis of Nick's Garage, he will be attending Carlisle this year.  He will be bringing down his 70 Challenger 440 four barrel four speed that is a factory 440 U code four speed that he built as his dream car as a tribute to the Vanishing Point Challenger. 
He will spending time at our tent and talking with Ed today, he is working to set aside two spots up on Duke Blvd. as well for those who want to meet and see Nick at possibly specific time slots.  Once Ed, Nick and I get this confirmed, I will post the actual spot numbers for the location. 

I met Nick in March at a car show in Toronto.....Super nice guy, does nice work....but I certainly don't understand the "celebrity status"... is it because he posts videos on Youtube or something ? Is that all it takes these days ?  :rofl: :rofl:

I guess I need to spend more time on the internet, I don't think I've watched more then 5 mins of his videos that were posted here... :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

69BFan

In my opinion, it is people like to follow along with others who share similar ideals or work, etc.  No different than those that follow along with Mark Worman, John Force, Dale Earnhardt Jr. or any person with a known name.  Many of these names that are well known on social media are for the most part untouchable in most situations. 

In talking with Ed yesterday, Carlisle Events is in business to entertain its customer base.  As Ed pointed out, some people come to the shows for the simple sake of checking out the cars, others come to just look for parts.  So from the perspective of Carlisle Events, bringing in known people with a strong following whether it be a Christie Lee, a Herb McCandless, etc. just gives the show the potential to draw more people and to keep the spectators coming and the opportunity to fill up their day.  That is what separates Carlisle from almost all other shows.

Some of the "celebrities" that you run into at events can be either very open, humble and supportive of the hobby.  While others can be there just for the fact that they are being comped for the  event and to fulfill sponsor obligations.  In my limited knowledge of Nick, he is super knowledgeable of the hobby and willing to discuss all aspects of the hobby.  I have no time to watch video after video of people, but in this day of social media, it is a huge source of entertainment for many.  Unlike some of the videos posted, I believe that Nick's comes across very professionally and lends themselves well to the majority of us who are involved in the hobby.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

Yea, don't get me wrong, I thought he was a very personable guy, but I wouldn't list him with any of the names you listed above...like I said...I'm not watching videos much, but I guess there is a generation that, that's all they do  :dunno:

If it helps draw crowds...by all means promote promote promote  :twothumbsup:

torredcuda

Yes, "You Tube Personality" is a thing these days, some make millions doing it. There are very few, if any, celebrities that I would go out of my way to see and  could care less about anyones autograph but watching his videos Nick seems like a genuine, down to earth, knowledable, nice guy I wouldn`t mind talking  Mopars with.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Spikedog08

Ok lost me . . Who is it?  Remember one year at Carlisle had breakfast with Bo Luke that @ViperMan had won on the radio.  He was kind enough to take me as his guest instead of the wife.  Think the girl from Laverne and Shirley was there as well.  Good memories . . Hope to make some more this year.  Challenging this year with all that is happening in the world.  Hoping to escape it all for a few days.
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

ViperMan

Quote from: Spikedog08 on June 16, 2022, 04:43:23 PM
Ok lost me . . Who is it?  Remember one year at Carlisle had breakfast with Bo Luke that @ViperMan had won on the radio.  He was kind enough to take me as his guest instead of the wife.  Think the girl from Laverne and Shirley was there as well.  Good memories . . Hope to make some more this year.  Challenging this year with all that is happening in the world.  Hoping to escape it all for a few days.

Man your memory is getting fuzzy. :)

You got invited to the celebrity meet-and-greet and invited me as your +1.  And "Bo" was far more interested in promoting his country album than anything involving cars or the DoH...

That was the first year you started doing the celebrity pick award, and maybe THAT is what everyone should be discussing...!

:))

Hope everyone has fun!  This will be my first year not going to Carlisle in 14 years.

Jeff

Nepagarage

So I'm not going to "fanboy" over Nick but I appreciate his work and I like the way his videos are presented, so personally, I'd be happy to meet the guy and shake his hand. Plus I'll if I can have him give my YouTube channel a shout-out and send some traffic my way 😂😂😂😂