Main Menu

A couple questions about the big show

Started by cuda hunter, June 24, 2019, 09:34:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Good chance I'm showing up for the show this year. 
If I go I have a few questions that I can't seem to find in the other carlisle threads. 

1. Is there an actual schedule that shows what this club is doing?  When and where?

2. My travel plans are up in the air.  So hard to do reservations at this moment as everything depends on work and other people.
    How far will I have to go to find a motel that is not a roach motel?

3.  Do i need to make reservations with someone for the dinner or the saturday lunch or anything else? Or can I just show up with
      a friend or two?

4. Can I purchase tickets to enter at the door?

5.  Are there different tickets?  cheaper,expensive?  More benefits? 

5.  Is there a parking area that is suitable for my truck and a trailer? 

6.  If I have a cuda on the trailer is it acceptable to put a for sale sign in the window?

I've got a few other questions but some answers to these might help. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

ViperMan

Let me try and help with these!!!

Quote from: cuda hunter on June 24, 2019, 09:34:42 PM
Good chance I'm showing up for the show this year. 
If I go I have a few questions that I can't seem to find in the other carlisle threads. 

1. Is there an actual schedule that shows what this club is doing?  When and where?

An ACTUAL "schedule"?  Not really, but Friday night we're having a club dinner (pay your own way) at 7:30pm I believe, Saturday we're feeding everyone at the tent around 12:30pm (free), and Saturday night I think we're doing pizza in the hotel parking lot (everyone pitches in a few bucks) usually not until 8pm or so.  The tent is available at the fairgrounds for you to hang out under from Thursday through Sunday.

Dinner information is a stickied topic in this forum, and I'll have info posted at the tent as well.  If you can't find the tent, just ask any of the dozens of Carlisle staff that'll be present at the event.  I believe they usually wear red shirts.  We're usually situated among the e-bodies though.

2. My travel plans are up in the air.  So hard to do reservations at this moment as everything depends on work and other people.  How far will I have to go to find a motel that is not a roach motel?

Not far - the better question is how far you'll have to go to find an open room.  I'd love to help with this but the best thing to do is call around.   I know people have gotten rooms the day of but they have to do some calling around and drive between 20-30 minutes.

3.  Do i need to make reservations with someone for the dinner or the saturday lunch or anything else? Or can I just show up with a friend or two?

PLEASE add yourself to the headcount poll on this forum - it is stickied at the top.  We need a head count for Saturday lunch or there won't be enough food.  Friday's dinner is a bit more relaxed - they have room for 60 people or so.  We'll call them Friday afternoon with a rough headcount just so they can be staffed up for us.

4. Can I purchase tickets to enter at the door?

I'm assuming you mean to enter the show - yes.  You can even register your car the day of if you bring one down.  If you do, please register using the club name!!  That helps us get the big tent next year.

Walk-in tickets I believe are $10, maybe $15 - per person, per day.  To bring a car in I believe is $50 but that gets two people in with the car and covers all three days.

5.  Is there a parking area that is suitable for my truck and a trailer?

That's cheating you asked #5 twice...  :)
I believe there is a spot for towing vehicles on the fairgrounds - best bet is to call Carlisle Events though and find out what's available and what costs might be associated.

6.  If I have a cuda on the trailer is it acceptable to put a for sale sign in the window?

First of all, if the car is at the show it can't be on the trailer - the cars are all lined up in the fairground grid area - no trailers are allowed in the main show field.  I believe - when they towed Andy's car in several years ago, they brought it in Thursday and unloaded it right next to the tent.  If you try and do it Friday, it'll be a DISASTER with cars everywhere.

If the car is on the trailer in the towing vehicle area, no one will see it anyways.

You're not supposed to have for-sale signs on cars in the show field - there is a specific car corral area where cars can be listed for sale.  It's a different ticket though - so again, check with Carlisle Events.  (Whatch'ya sellin'?  I'm Cuda shopping this year...!)

Feel free to PM me if you have other questions!!  I can respond with my cell number if that helps.  This will be year #12 for my wife and I.  :)

Jeff

Spikedog08

Viperpunk covered it pretty well!  I think the ticket to get in for all the days in $65  . . . if you are wanting to sell the car, you can get a car corral ticket and put the car there while on the trailer.  You will need to unhook the truck and park it somewhere else.  I see a lot of the cars for sale still on trailers at the show in that area. 

I assume some will cancel their hotel rooms at the last minute so best to call around.  Certainly try our club hotel as most are staying there and nighttime parking lot gatherings are typically a lot of fun!  Chryco will be conducting his typical courtesy tune ups for anyone that wants one . . .

Car corral price is $100 for the weekend! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

formula_s

Walk-in tickets I believe are $10, maybe $15 - per person, per day.  To bring a car in I believe is $50 but that gets two people in with the car and covers all three days.

It's $65.00 for a car and 2 people at this point. The 10% discount expired earlier this month.

ViperMan

Old-fart above is correct - there are cars on trailers in the car corral.  I forgot about that.  Although they're usually rust buckets in terrible shape, so I'd suggest getting her on the ground if you want a good price.  It'll just look better in the long run, ya know?

I honestly haven't paid attention to the ticket prices in a bunch of years - so thanks for correcting me on the price.

Also just a helpful tip; you basically never need to leave the fairgrounds once you're there - there are restrooms, tons of places to eat at, an area to wash your car, and even showers on-site.  You can also buy ice from a few different places for your coolers.

72 Challenger

Admission
Thursday (Set Up / Load In Day): $12
Daily Fri- Sat: $15
Sunday: $7
Event Pass: $30
Kids 12 and Under FREE

these are the walk in rates without a car, right from the Carlisle events site.
Someday I will have a J0b.

cuda hunter

Thanks guys!  Sure appreciate the answers.

Quote from: ViperMan on June 25, 2019, 08:22:22 AM
  Although they're usually rust buckets in terrible shape, so I'd suggest getting her on the ground if you want a good price.  It'll just look better in the long run, ya know?

I"m not so worried about a great price.  I know very little about the car.  Except that it's a 74 cuda.  I think.  In a barn in New York for 25 years. 
  Just figure it might be a bonus if someone was to pick it up and I didn't have to tow it across the nation.  yes I said Tow. 

I will look at the official site better. Thanks for the direction. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

ViperMan

Quote from: cuda hunter on June 25, 2019, 11:20:14 PM
Thanks guys!  Sure appreciate the answers.

Quote from: ViperMan on June 25, 2019, 08:22:22 AM
  Although they're usually rust buckets in terrible shape, so I'd suggest getting her on the ground if you want a good price.  It'll just look better in the long run, ya know?

I"m not so worried about a great price.  I know very little about the car.  Except that it's a 74 cuda.  I think.  In a barn in New York for 25 years. 
  Just figure it might be a bonus if someone was to pick it up and I didn't have to tow it across the nation.  yes I said Tow. 

I will look at the official site better. Thanks for the direction.

What color and what motor?  Shoot me a message or something - I'd love to see it!

cuda hunter

Don't know.  Only know it's supposed to be a 74. 
I was sent two grainy photos.  I'll see if I can find them. 

cuda hunter

cuda hunter

That's it.  That's all I really know.

It was my friend steve's.  BlueSpruce here on the site.  He passed away last Thanksgiving. 
He talked an awful lot about the car and getting it out here to get it back together.  That's the only way I know it's a 74. 
New York has no titles on old cars like that as I am told.  So I have some worries about that.   
I"m doing a ton of work for his widow to finish the house they were half way into so I'm getting his car to keep his small legend alive.   The car is kinda payment for doing the general contracting on his home.  I can't ask for money and she doesn't have any so this Cuda will have to do it.   Could be much worse. 

ViperMan

Wowzers that's a project!   :o

Either he swapped out the taillights or it's actually a 70, but that would be worth more, wouldn't it?

Spikedog08

:unbelievable:   Hmmm those tail lights look a lot like a 70 . . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

JS29

@cuda hunter  those tail lights tell me 70, were in New York are you heading?

cuda hunter

Brooktondale, NY.

It appears to be a 70 but Steve told me it was a 74.  Who knows.