Main Menu

Looking for this 70 Challenger RT at Carlisle - Any help appreciated

Started by 7E-Bodies, July 05, 2022, 11:38:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

Many have seen me searching for my first RT that I let go in '87 or '88. I later lost all record of it in a total loss fire. I have exhausted all avenues in trying to recover a record of the full VIN, including the bank that loaned, State Farm that insured, IL DMV, etc etc. I do remember the first part of the VIN as JS23U0B3*****. I venture a solid guess on the "3" as it had a May 70 door VIN decal and I'm thinking most of the May cars were 300,000 stampings. The list of options it had should make it stand out.
AC Car
Console Auto/Slapstick 727
440 Magnum (30K miles in photo and at time of sale)
Tinted glass
PS/PB
F8 Green Interior/Dash/Panels/Carpet/all vinyl seats
F4 Paint (could have been F7? as I was 24 and these cars were plentiful, so unsure)
V5F light green body side moldings
6 way driver's bucket seat
Dual mirrors
R11 AM Radio
V1F Vinyl Top (dark green)
Magnum Wheels
Factory door edge trim and hood trim near windshield

Being naïve and young, I drilled out the hood and installed aftermarket pins and painted the blackout hood close to factory look. These mods may have gotten corrected however.
I somehow knew not to do too many alterations as this car brought huge attention from older car buffs in my area. The car was literally like new and had sat in a garage many years before I found it. It's original owner (I was the second) had gotten killed in a return deployment to Vietnam not long after buying it.
I'm seeking any members planning to attend Carlisle this year to keep an eye open and to please exchange my number with any possible owners of anything even close to this car's options and to also get their contact info for me. I can be reached by text or call from any of you if you may know of a car similar to this. It left Illinois headed for Vermont, but could be anywhere, including recycled steel, but it was a seeker that hunted it down to buy it from me and appeared to be headed to a collector. Again, any help appreciated.

Kevin
309-645-8053
kjc1970rt@gmail.com
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

torredcuda

Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

cuda hunter

I'll keep and eye out.
I will take pictures of every e body there. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

7E-Bodies

@torredcuda i deeply appreciate that! Who knows if it'd still be in Vermont or even in the states for that matter. I do feel however that it'd have survived as it was such a low mileage original U code at the time and it seemed a collector was getting it. Let's hope!
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green