Main Menu

Classification

Started by Rich G., January 11, 2019, 08:30:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rich G.

Registering a car for Carlisle, I have a 71 Barracuda that I made to look like a Cuda with all 71 parts. If you didn't look at the vin tag you would never know it wasn't a factory built Cuda. So I'm always confused is this stock class or modified? Stock list 3 modifications. Don't want to piss anyone off if I enter it into the wrong class.

js27

Tough call-Carlisle is  fun field judging so very few people are going to be looking at vins. But if you win and somebody that didn't win and knows what he is looking at may complain. You could always go in ti Light Modified if they still offer it.
JS27

Cuda Cody

Make sure to put the club as "E-Bodies.org"!!!   :bigthumb:

And yes, the judging is pretty laid back so no one is going to be mad if you don't get in the perfect class.  Plus I think you can even change it while you are there.  BTW, it looks stock to me.

anlauto

Go by the appearance of the car and go in a stock class...You wouldn't stand a chance in a modified class....People judge a car by first impressions  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MEK-Dangerous

I vote stock class. As was said before, it's laid back judging, and some or most won't even know what they are looking at. They might just say, "I like that color", and you would get their vote.

CudaMoparRay

It is a beautiful looking car is all I can say.

RUNCHARGER

To me stock is as-delivered. That is a modified car, it is modified from what it was originally.
Sheldon