Main Menu

Sad to say, not coming this year . .

Started by Spikedog08, July 10, 2023, 06:41:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

So am disappointed but not going to be able to make the trip this year.   Reasons are:

My secretary of 15 years has died at age 51.  This is the end of my ideas that I am going this year.  Services are Saturday and obviously I have to attend. 

Cars are not ready for the show although I thought I could make it work somehow.

Lastly, I had planned to leave extremely early on Sunday to get back to Michigan as my nephew is getting married but by the time I got home, would have to drive another hour to the the other side of the state and my wife was like. . .you’re crazy! 

So lastly, I can still arrange the dinner for Friday at Dodge City, I figure 15 to 20 as it has been less since @ViperMan has not come.  I will call and make the reservation.

I will arrange the food for the lunch on Saturday to be delivered to the tent, I was thinking the typical roll ups and some Chicken.  I will ask @purple1 if he can grab some sides as additions to the lunch.

Then I can order the pizzas for the parking lot party from the Pizza Hut across the street if someone will go pick them up. If someone can grab some paper towel and plates, that would be great.  Send me the receipt  . . . And I will reimburse. 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

cuda hunter

Glad to help out.  Hope all goes well with everything for you, it is always sad to lose someone close.
I"ll be glad to pick up the pizzas.   
And hang out at the tent some more too.    Especially Saturday.

Anything else needed? 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

ViperMan

I was like, "Who the hell is tagging ME...?"

Sorry for your loss, Dave.  Best wishes to their family.

purple1

Dave, Mary and I are so sad to hear this news about your secretary. We will of course step up and do whatever we can to help out at the show.

We already have plates, table clothes, cups, cutlery and napkins. So we got that part covered.

Any suggestions for "sides" will help. I'm guessing chips, salads, etc. Anything else we should bring, just let me know.

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer. Severna Park, Maryland

Dakota

Sorry to hear about your loss, Dave.   :console:

Spikedog08

Also since I have the banners . . Can I next day air them to someone going?  Wonder if Cathy is going?  Hmmm

Chryco Psycho

Life gets in the way of plans , sorry for the loss Dave .

Jay Bee

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

73chalngr

Sad to hear of this . you were one of the people that greeted me at the club tent the last two years and made me feel welcome. I was looking forward to seeing you again this year.

Crocha617

Sorry for your loss. I will be arriving there early Thursday morning. If you haven't found someone to send the banners to yet I can get them down there and hung early Thursday but someone will have to take them home since I will be leaving early Saturday morning. Let me know.

torredcuda

Dave, sorry to hear about your secretary., you will be missed at Carlisle. I will be there early Friday morning and can help with the banners and whatever else is needed. You can send the banners to me if you don`t have someone else already but I`m leaving early Thursday morning so they would have to be here by Wednesday afternoon.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Poolshark314

Sorry for your loss Dave. Would have liked to catch up
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

Spikedog08

You guys are great!  Sad days . .  :tired:  Let's focus on the great show you all are going to attend!    I will make reservations at Dodge City for approximately 15 to 20 as that is what I feel we have had lately, arrive at 7:30, Friday night  Then I will need help with coordination on the food for the lunch on Saturday. . Lastly the pizza party I can order and then someone pick them up across the street from the club group of hotels.  Pizza Hut . . Just give me an idea of how many you feel will be in attendance.

70rag383

Hi Dave, sorry for your loss. that's a tough one for sure. I was looking forward to seeing you again. You are the spiritual leader of our group and we're going to miss you this year.