Main Menu

1970 dodge challenger convertable - $15000

Started by ec_co, February 10, 2017, 03:36:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

that's awesome! was it this post that led you to it or did you find it earlier? hoping these posts are helpful
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Crocha617

Quote from: ec_co on February 11, 2017, 07:29:31 PM
that's awesome! was it this post that led you to it or did you find it earlier? hoping these posts are helpful

No I saw it  right after it was posted on Wednesday night but yes these posts can be helpful sometimes.

Cuda Cody

Net he had a few people ready to buy it!!!   :yes:

Was it original Hemi Orange?

Crocha617

Yeah the whole inside is still orange. The knuckle head that painted it purple lost the fender tag many years ago.

Crocha617

:stayinlane:
Quote from: anlauto on February 11, 2017, 07:17:19 PM
From what I see....$15K is a decent deal, but it's certainly not an over the top steal.....after all it's only a base model 383 auto RT with rust. :alan2cents:
I'm sure you'll do okay when it comes time to sell :drinkingbud:

With the amount of work it needs i dont think it's a screaming deal but finding an RT vert project is very rare these days. I've probably seen 30 318 challenger convertible projects to this one RT over the last few years.

Crocha617

Quote from: anlauto on February 11, 2017, 07:18:08 PM
...with that being said.....I'll give you $1000 for the rear interior panels... :bigmoney:

It's funny i remember you posting that you needed some. When he showed them to me I was actually thinking wow Alan would pay a fortune for these things....

Finoke

Congrats Chris, that one was in my neck of the woods!

Crocha617

HP_Cuda

Well Chris

The early bird gets the worm. You are fast on the draw.

Looks like a great find, clean it up and drive it, then sell it. Whammo a trifecta of fun.

:twothumbsup:

Oh and by the way, I cannot believe the dash isn't cracked!!!
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Crocha617

Quote from: HP_Cuda on February 13, 2017, 12:03:08 PM

Well Chris

Looks like a great find, clean it up and drive it, then sell it. Whammo a trifecta of fun.

It's got one big crack down the middle. The engine and transmission didn't match and no luck with a build sheet either....still a cool find though.

Cuda Cody

Looking at what you got and then what the guy is CA wants for a slant 6, I think you got a great deal.  Projects are getting so hard to find.  :pullinghair:

Quote from: Crocha617 on February 13, 2017, 05:12:48 PM
Quote from: HP_Cuda on February 13, 2017, 12:03:08 PM

Well Chris

It's got one big crack down the middle. The engine and transmission didn't match and no luck with a build sheet either....still a cool find though.

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I can't see why a few are saying this isn't a great deal either. If this was a Hardtop R/T it would be an okay deal, but it's an R/T Convt. Yes, I know it's a lot of work but s series convt projects don't grow on trees lately.
Sheldon

Crocha617

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 13, 2017, 07:39:54 PM
Yes: I can't see why a few are saying this isn't a great deal either. If this was a Hardtop R/T it would be an okay deal, but it's an R/T Convt. Yes, I know it's a lot of work but s series convt projects don't grow on trees lately.

I agree 100% finding a Cuda or RT Convertible  project for under $20k is nearly impossible.

farmboy70

Great catch on that one.
If I hadn't just bought my 71 I would have been racing you to that one!
70 is my favorite year.
Congrats!

fishn4cuda