Main Menu

1970 Plymouth Duster 340 Mopar - $14,000 (Wheaton)

Started by PLY474, April 04, 2021, 09:14:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

PLY474

Not an e-body, but I like it.  I don't see many Vitamin C Duster 340s out there.
1970 Plymouth Duster 340 Mopar - $14,000 (Wheaton)
https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/d/wheaton-1970-plymouth-duster-340-mopar/7295122182.html

JH27N0B

I was going to say that it looks like a great deal, then I saw the pictures of the rust under the top and in the quarters.
Needs a resto and then you'd be way under water.  Looks very original and maybe unrestored.
That's in my area but I haven't seen it.

RUNCHARGER

Nice little car: I think I would repair the rust and other little things that would bug me, blend in the paint best as I could and drive the imperfect result with a smile on my face.
Sheldon

PLY474

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 04, 2021, 09:38:45 AM
Nice little car: I think I would repair the rust and other little things that would bug me, blend in the paint best as I could and drive the imperfect result with a smile on my face.

Exactly what I was thinking. 

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

PLY474

I count 5 boxes of arm&hammer baking soda.  I shouldn't poke.  My original interior has that aged bouquet too.   

6pack

jordan

Whenever I tell somebody that I am a MOPAR guy, I always here a story about this car.  Never about a 'Cuda or Challenger.  I have heard this story dozens of times, always the same, only the names are different. 
     "I had a buddy in high school that had a Duster.  Fastest car I ever was in!  He took off out of the parking lot and floored it.  I was pinned back in my seat and couldn't move!  Scared the shit out of me".
     Now I sit here and wonder if this car lives up to its reputation.  Would it be cool to leave it just like it is, give it a tune up, and drive it every day?  Think it would lose value in the next couple of years?  It is a pretty cool car for not killer MOPAR money. 
"Don't brake until you see God!"

1972V21Cuda

"Possible trade for nice 68-70 B body?"...Sure, I'll trade my nice Charger for this Bondo box😀

RzeroB

That would be a great car for the money ... if it wasn't so crusty. We all know that the rust you CAN see ... is like an iceberg ... there is a LOT more hiding beneath the surface.  :bricks:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

SIXTOGO

Clue number 1 - a car from a state where rust is common.
Clue number 2 - a car with lots of visible rust.
Clue number 3 - a car with 5 open arm and hammer baking soda boxes.

Ignore the first two clues - there's something dead in this one.