Main Menu

1967 Plymouth Barracuda "E CODE" Convertible

Started by MasonDaniel7, September 17, 2020, 12:16:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

Guy might want to mention what an "E Code" is in the ad  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

erik70rt

I like it, but he'll never get 44K for it.  A body Barracudas just don't bring that kind of $$ unless it's a '69 M code car. 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

RzeroB

I personally love those Gen II Barracudas ... and this one in particular. :inlove:

I like that it has the E-code ... the little engine that could!

Great car ... these Gen II Barracudas are going up in value because the E-bodies have become very expensive putting them out of reach and making quality Gen II's like this one more attractive to the average enthusiast.  :alan2cents:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

anlauto

A close friend of mine has been restoring his '68 273-4spd convertible for awhile now...I don't know, is that considered an "E" code  in 1968 ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Burdar

Did the 273's have dual exhaust in 68?  In 67 the hp 273 had single exhaust with a huge chrome tip.  You can see in the above link.

Edit:  I just looked at the dealer data books on Hamtramck-Historical.  They don't even list a 273 in 68 for a Barracuda.  The data books list the 318 as the standard engine.  Did they add the 273 as an option in 68 after the data books were printed?

The Dodge data book lists the 2-barrel 273 as the standard engine in the Dart for 68.  No 4-barrel 273 is listed.

6bblgt

Quote from: anlauto on September 17, 2020, 10:49:02 AM
A close friend of mine has been restoring his '68 273-4spd convertible for awhile now...I don't know, is that considered an "E" code  in 1968 ?

what's the VIN? 5th digit, is it "E"? (shouldn't be an option for '68)

the 340 replaced the 273 4bbl HP as the a-body performance small block

anlauto

Oops....you guys are absolutely right....his is a 340 4spd car....my other buddies 67 Dart is a 273 4spd...Not sure what I was thinking...

He just sent me pictures of the restored 340 hood inserts so I guess I should have known...  :headbang:

erik70rt

Quote from: Burdar on September 17, 2020, 11:47:55 AM
Did the 273's have dual exhaust in 68?  In 67 the hp 273 had single exhaust with a huge chrome tip.  You can see in the above link.

Edit:  I just looked at the dealer data books on Hamtramck-Historical.  They don't even list a 273 in 68 for a Barracuda.  The data books list the 318 as the standard engine.  Did they add the 273 as an option in 68 after the data books were printed?

The Dodge data book lists the 2-barrel 273 as the standard engine in the Dart for 68.  No 4-barrel 273 is listed.

Yes, the 273 wasn't available after '67.  The standard V8 in the Barracuda became the 318 (F code).  The 340 and the 383 were options based on the package (Formula S).  My old '68 Barracuda convertible started life as a 318 auto and I converted it to a 416 4 spd.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Skdmark

Quote from: anlauto on September 17, 2020, 06:24:51 AM
Guy might want to mention what an "E Code" is in the ad  :dunno:

From the ad. I never heard of the e-code either. I knew about the Formula S and the Hurst Hemi's.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

Oh :headbang: I never looked at all the pictures and never read that fine print...thanks for posting :cheers:

worthywads

20 years ago this would have been my wife's dream car to go with my Challenger.  She has since lost any interest in a car for herself.

autoxcuda

BTW, that car does NOT weight 2800 lbs.

That reading and misinterpreting some shipping weight number on a no option and base /6 vehicle probably not event a convertible

That's a 3400-3600 lbs car.  I've digitally weighed a few.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...