Main Menu

1970 aar cuda f8 green pistol grip 4 speed

Started by badfish70, June 23, 2022, 09:40:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

badfish70

hello, i have a 70 aar in far beyond mint condition, . bought from ron susser.com in 2018 and have put approx 400 miles on it since.you can see pics and read all about it if you go to ronsusser.com   far upper right in the search section type in 1970 aar cuda.  cell is three one four-602-two509

JH27N0B

badfish70

thx for posting the link!!!    this car extremly strong in the power department, i have dyno sheet has around 450 hp

JH27N0B

DeathProofCuda

Isn't a center console with an ashtray for the rear passengers incorrect for 1970 models?

318Stroker

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on June 23, 2022, 09:54:46 AM
Isn't a center console with an ashtray for the rear passengers incorrect for 1970 models?

yes

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

autoxcuda

Very nice car.

Thank god you and the next owner escaped paying $300K to MCR in Chippewa Falls, WI for the restoration.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

JH27N0B

I have seen that $ number cited in the past at times this AAR has previously been advertised, I think it went through Mecum at least once for example.
I can't imagine how a restoration could run up that high of a bill, especially since it was completed something like 14 or 15 years ago.  I do remember seeing the car around the time of its completion at the MCR display at the Mopar Nats.  That was 2008 I believe.  Factoring inflation, what is 300K in 2008 in 2022 dollars?  A half mil maybe?  :unbelievable:
My fading memory is that the car had sadly suffered some transportation damage on it's way to the show, a quarter got scraped or something.

badfish70

i believe i have a letter that the rf fender got scratched but no evidence that i can see on the car,this car is brand new even looking under the dash,its crazy, i just dont drive the car

JH27N0B

Quote from: badfish70 on June 23, 2022, 01:52:04 PM
i believe i have a letter that the rf fender got scratched but no evidence that i can see on the car,this car is brand new even looking under the dash,its crazy, i just dont drive the car
I'm sure they repaired things back to perfect after they returned from the show.
Just a recollection I had from seeing it at the nats many years ago.
Trailers can be scary. My T/A got damaged when we were unloading it after freeing it from the restoration shop in 2015, winch gave out and while we were pushing on the rear to keep it from gaining momentum rolling down the ramp I watched helplessly as the front end swung over until it scraped the ramp cable. I still get nightmares thinking of that day.
Then several years later it was getting picked up by another shop to work on it, and as he drove it up the ramp the ramp broke. If the car had been about another foot up the ramp, the NOS valence would have got crushed against the rear floor of the trailer.
I'm in the process of buying a trailer. I hope that it doesn't end up attacking the car!

formula_s

And nobody noticed the parts counter replacement odometer??

ragtopdodge

I guess one can spend $300k for a checkbook restoration if it needed absolutely everything, but that seems a bit ridiculous.

Can get a decent 1970 (not a 1971) V-code convertible for $300k me thinks.

MONC

Quote from: ragtopdodge on June 27, 2022, 11:40:05 AM
I guess one can spend $300k for a checkbook restoration if it needed absolutely everything, but that seems a bit ridiculous.

Can get a decent 1970 (not a 1971) V-code convertible for $300k me thinks.

Agreed.  A lot of green for a lot of green car. I'm okay with the F8 exterior, but have had green interior cars before and while ok, not my favorite.
Overall though I like the car, just not for $110K firm with a non matching motor, some incorrect items like 71 console,  non impact exterior color, etc.

6pack