Main Menu

1970 Barracuda 318.. cheap

Started by LoStHeMi, May 01, 2022, 02:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

BH23G1B389980

Seller's Description:
This 1971 Plymouth Barracuda is a rare and desirable model that are becoming harder and harder to find. Finished in its original and highly coveted In Violet purple on a stylish white interior this Barracuda checks all the right boxes. Under the hood is the original 318 that has been bored out to a 342. It has an automatic 904 Torqueflight transmission. It has that extremely cool look that only the 70 and 71 Barracudas and Cudas had. The grill is the upgraded half moon style grill that has become very rare in the aftermarket. This car has been lovingly cared for by its owner and it shows. It is ready to go into your garage or driveway today from Gateway Classic Cars!
Price: $157,000
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Well, it's a 71 anyway.              Quite pricey. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

BS27R1B

That is completely insane!
Low numbers does not always equate to mega dollars, even for a 1971 flat hood 318 Barracuda. Ask me about that equation as I once owned the Brown 1966 Hemi Coronet four door.

Time to switch up the collection.
"  objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are "

Cuda_mark

Quote from: BS27R1B on May 01, 2022, 02:58:08 PM
That is completely insane!
Low numbers does not always equate to mega dollars, even for a 1971 flat hood 318 Barracuda. Ask me about that equation as I once owned the Brown 1966 Hemi Coronet four door.

Time to switch up the collection.

That 4 door is so awesome. Talk about rare....you know a car is rare when you can minimally describe it and people know exactly which car you're talking about.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6pack

nice but maybe $100k to high in the price dept.

RacerX

"The grill is the upgraded half moon style grill that has become very rare in the aftermarket."

huh?!?    :notsure:

Mopsquad

Is this a consigned vehicle?  If so, the number may be a fabrication influenced more by an delusional owner.  I see Gateway (which is known to be on the pricier spectrum) trying to push the owner to reduce pricing if there are no serious bites.