Main Menu

Selling my 70 numbers matching 440 Challenger convertible

Started by 70challengerrt, October 21, 2019, 12:48:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70challengerrt

Hi guys I am selling my 1970 Dodge Challenger rt convertible. All numbers matching. I am asking 95,000 obo. Here is the link. I would be happy to answer any of your questions. https://www.ebay.com/itm/193168198965

6bblgt

curiosity :thinking: do you know what dealership this R/T was purchased from? 

do you have a picture of the door jamb VIN sticker?

fc7cuda

Nice looking car!  Too bad about the two quarter panels replaced, was it due to rust?  Was the F8 respray over the entire car or just the new quarters?

Thanks

anlauto

Nice looking car, will be very interesting to see how much it sells for. :thinking:
Good luck with your sale  :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70challengerrt

@6bblgt the old owner believes his buddy bought it in Virginia but he isn't 100% sure. I do have a pic of the the original door jamb sticker but it is a little blurry and hard to read in the picture.

70challengerrt

@fc7cuda Yes the whole car was resprayed f8. The engine compartment was never resprayed though. The old owner said the quarters really only needed patches but he said it was just cheaper and easier to replace the panels at the time.

erik70rt

Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

js27

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

6bblgt

excellent documentation :ohyeah: so few cars have survived 50+ years with most of their original components intact - do you have the interest, time & ability to provide more info?  dates on: engine, manifolds, wiper motor, carburetor, transmission, wheels, spare tire (DOT & wheel), jack (& style), K-frame, glass, etc. would be appreciated 

interesting that this 440HP Challenger R/T convertible was "SCHEDULED" 9/02/69 & not built until October  :rubeyes:  it was over a month LATE, I show it "In Plant/In Process" on Wednesday October 8, 1969 -  wonder what delayed it ??

https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/actual-production-date-vs-scheduled-production-date/810/

& here's a thread that got into some numbers of all things "green" that I've collected info on:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion-roseville-moparts/2/1970-challenger-v1f-green-vinyl-top-what-color-was-it/6621/

I think the green/tan was popular with some branches of the military (as was "stripe DELETE") & I don't know what dealership, but I think the California barn find 340 4-speed Challenger convertible from a few years ago came from the same east coast dealership

superdave

Beautiful color combo and a big block four speed!  :unbelievable:  :banana: Hope it finds a good home. 8)

6bblgt

Quote from: superdave on October 23, 2019, 03:14:28 PM
  Beautiful color combo and a big block four speed!  :unbelievable:  :banana: Hope it finds a good home. 8)

the OP's R/T is a 440HP automatic - the above interior pic is from a 340 4-speed Challenger with the same EF8 H6T5 color combo

6bblgt

& here's the  EF8 / H6T5  trifecta  8)
440HP - stripe "DELETE"
383HP - STANDARD V6X
340 - body-side-mouldings OPTIONAL