Main Menu

1970 Challenger 340 4 speed

Started by serpiko, May 06, 2021, 10:41:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

serpiko

Hi guys, I am posting this ebay add here but I am pretty sure it was posted before:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164849111337?hash=item2661c5d129:g:rt8AAOSw0zRgUBaI

I could bid on it but before I do I would like to get some opinions, first, am I wrong to assume that the cowl plate looks like a repro?

tparker

Nice looking car. At $2k I'll bid myself. LOL. Though I could only hang on until about 10K and I'm quite sure it will triple that.

The description doesn't really say anything. The problem with these things is you have no idea what condition it really is in. Hard to tell what it original, what is restored, if there has been any damage in the past and so on. Shelling out 30K or more and I would be a lot more careful.

By the way, what makes you think the cowl is replaced? The color?

serpiko

"By the way, what makes you think the cowl is replaced? The color?"
Yes the color and the fact that it seats on top of something I have never seen before

greentween

yours for only $78,000 on their website.

anlauto

Wrong rear valance and bumper  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

7E-Bodies

Are you talking about the cowl or the fender tag? I noticed the fender tag had some type of tape or something under it.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

6bblgt

is it possible that's a picture of the fender tag attached to the inner fender  :thinking: