Main Menu

1970 Challenger 340

Started by 71vert340, November 22, 2019, 06:13:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

That's pretty neat...I wonder if it's a later build ? Has a 71 style trunk lid and no upper cowl black-out  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

benlavigne

Quote from: anlauto on November 22, 2019, 07:25:46 AM
That's pretty neat...I wonder if it's a later build ? Has a 71 style trunk lid and no upper cowl black-out  :thinking:
@anlauto : how do you tell if it's a 71 trunk lid?
Wasn't the cowl blackout an R/T thing?
As for the date, my May-built A66 Sequence number starts with 351..... but it's an Hamtramck car, so maybe it doesn't relate to this LA car....
Looks like a nice original car with good options, but needs a good cleaning!
Ben

anlauto

I only thought it was a 71 deck lid because it has all the provisions for the 1971 spoiler....but now as I type this I realize we're talking Challenger  NOT  Cuda and the 70-71 spoilers mount the same....my bad  :headbang: Don't think I've ever done a 70 Challenger with a rear spoiler, but I guess you would know Ben :bigthumb:

Interesting comment about the cowl black-out being a "RT only" thing...I've never heard that before :thinking:  I can't see why it would be, but I guess it could make sense, again I guess I haven't restored enough non-RT Challengers... :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71vert340

It has the trim along the top of the doors, and back edge of hood and fenders. I had a 70 Se Challenger like this one time but with a 383 so what package would come with this trim on a 340?
Terry

tparker

My western sport special (originally a 318) upper cowl was blacked out.

340challconvert

The car is one of the rare A66 340 Challengers with the A91 WSS option
It has many of the WSS added options;

Western Sport Special Group (A91 , released mid-Dec. '69 to Los Angeles and San Francisco regions) Western Sport Special Decal, Vinyl Roof, Wood grain Instrument Panel Applique, Remote Control Mirror, Rim Blow Steering Wheel, Sill Moulding, Belt Moulding, Front Splash Pan Scoop, Cowl Moulding, Rear Astrotone Applique, Pedals Dress-Up, Bumper Guards w/Rubber Inserts, F78xl4-inch WSW Tires, Rallye Wheels, Engine Choices: 225, 318, 340 or 383

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

7E-Bodies

Someone educate me. I get the JH, but 13? Nice looking car though.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

tparker

It has a lot of similarities with mine. Belt Moldings, vinyl top, bumper guards, rear finish panel, pedal dress up kit, side body moldings,  etc. The differences are the dash is different, the wheels are different, and mine has the WSS sticker and blacked out cowl. My bumper guards are on the outer edge of the bumper instead of in close like that one.

Quote from: 340challconvert on November 22, 2019, 01:28:04 PM
The car is one of the rare A66 340 Challengers with the A91 WSS option
It has many of the WSS added options;

Western Sport Special Group (A91 , released mid-Dec. '69 to Los Angeles and San Francisco regions) Western Sport Special Decal, Vinyl Roof, Wood grain Instrument Panel Applique, Remote Control Mirror, Rim Blow Steering Wheel, Sill Moulding, Belt Moulding, Front Splash Pan Scoop, Cowl Moulding, Rear Astrotone Applique, Pedals Dress-Up, Bumper Guards w/Rubber Inserts, F78xl4-inch WSW Tires, Rallye Wheels, Engine Choices: 225, 318, 340 or 383

headejm

If it was my car, I'd dust the interior a bit before putting out an advertisement.  :alan2cents:

dodj

Quote from: 71vert340 on November 22, 2019, 10:25:11 AM
It has the trim along the top of the doors, and back edge of hood and fenders.
I've never seen that trim on a Challenger. Only 'cuda's. Must not have been that popular back in the day?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

cuda hunter

WOW Very interesting car
RARE A66 with the WSS package

JH23: Dodge Challenger
High
2 Door Hardtop
H0E: 340 275HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL 1970
Los Angeles, CA, USA
138087: Sequence number

E55: 340 cid 4 barrel V8 275hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
EB5: Bright Blue Metallic Exterior Color
H6X9: Trim - High, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black
000: Full Door Panels
325: Build Date: March 25
108818: Order number

V1X: Full Vinyl Top, Black
A62: Rallye Instrument Cluster Package
A63: 70 only Challenger Moulding Group
A66: 70 only Challenger 340 Performance Package
A91: 70 only Western Sport Special
C16: Console w/Woodgrain Panel
C55: Bucket Seats
G34: OS LH Remote Racing Mirror
J25: 3 Speed Wipers
J54: Sport Hood
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M25: Wide sill moldings
M31: Belt Moldings
N41: Dual Exhaust
N42: Chrome Exhaust Tips
N85: Tachometer
N95: Emissions Control
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V1X: Unknown
V5X: Body Side Stripes, Black
Y14: Sold Car
26: 26in Radiator
END: End of Sales Codes
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

kathyscuda

now I know everything about the trim.
what about the price.
39K ??
granted it looks like it at a dealer ? and he has to make his 5 to 10k fee for selling it.

scf100

yea that price seems high to me too......may have a lot of options but needs a lot of detail work and possible paint job to bring up to that price
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

Mark_B

Looks pretty good to me.  Send it off to a Detailer and they'll sort it out.  Some compound will sort out that flat paint.  There's something rather special about the under dog A66.

I paid £30,000 for my 340.  When the pound was stronger 4 years ago (before Brexshit), that was $51,000!