Main Menu

1970 Challenger - Castle Rock, CO VIN JH23G0E100135

Started by 303 Mopar, March 17, 2018, 04:45:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Happy to go look at this one if anyone is interested.

Day one - 1970 Challenger VIN JH23G0E100135. 440 6-pack with a '72 block. Everything is included to put it back together. Lost interest. Over $55k into the car plus parts. Nearly everything is brand new. Doesn't drive at the moment, seats are out as was redoing the floor. Missing exhaust tips, carpet, rear panels. Original white interior car. New 727 trans, rebuilt Dana w/ 4.10's, new hemi springs/shocks, bushings. 26" rad with new support. Fender tag but no bs.  Owner is asking $35k.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

303 Mopar

I talked to the guy, super nice but sad story and just wants to get rid of it. The car is painted FJ6, but undercarriage and engine bay are FJ5. Also has rallyes on it now.

1 Wild R/T

55K into it but whats he hoping to get back out of it?  Sure it's a nice restoration but it started life as a 318 car so it's not gonna get 440-6 money...

Lots of little things aren't exactly "right" so that'll have a bearing too..

Husk Challenger

Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

autoxcuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 17, 2018, 08:58:34 PM
It should sell at that price I think.

For an unfinished clone?

That paint mess up. You can get away with the undercarriage. But the engine compartment being the wrong green will haunt it forever until fixed.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

RUNCHARGER

Spraying under the hood is no big deal. The outer body paint and body work is a $20k value or more where I live. Then the engine and other units are rebuilt, that is another $10k minimum. Lots of other parts are included and it's well on it's way to being a complete, nice looking car. There a few things that would keep me from buying it but I could certainly see someone else quite happy with what is there for the price, especially if they know what is involved $$$$ in a project car.
I would yank the engine and scuff and respray before going further, I would probably fix the trunk floor before going any further as well.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 18, 2018, 08:49:24 AM
Spraying under the hood is no big deal. The outer body paint and body work is a $20k value or more where I live. Then the engine and other units are rebuilt, that is another $10k minimum. Lots of other parts are included and it's well on it's way to being a complete, nice looking car. There a few things that would keep me from buying it but I could certainly see someone else quite happy with what is there for the price, especially if they know what is involved $$$$ in a project car.
I would yank the engine and scuff and respray before going further, I would probably fix the trunk floor before going any further as well.

What's wrong with the trunk floor?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 18, 2018, 08:55:20 AM

It's a two piece floor with no effort made to blend/hide the seam...

RUNCHARGER

Yes, and it might be a PITA to get right. Remove the tank, zipwheel both halves, butt weld together if there is enough give to get them to line up half reasonable. then respray.
I would probably have a look at that car for an assembly and flip if it were closer to me. However it just isn't worth it for me to spend the time to look at it then work through the importation hassle for a car that I would end up selling.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on March 18, 2018, 09:11:42 AM
Quote from: cuda hunter on March 18, 2018, 08:55:20 AM

It's a two piece floor with no effort made to blend/hide the seam...

That's what I thought!  glad I was correct.  Just wanted to know what yal experts were seeing. 

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 18, 2018, 09:27:44 AM
Yes, and it might be a PITA to get right. Remove the tank, zipwheel both halves, butt weld together if there is enough give to get them to line up half reasonable. then respray.
I would probably have a look at that car for an assembly and flip if it were closer to me. However it just isn't worth it for me to spend the time to look at it then work through the importation hassle for a car that I would end up selling.

Well you're at it...remove those gawd awful frame connectors too :barf:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on March 18, 2018, 11:47:17 AM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 18, 2018, 09:27:44 AM

Well you're at it...remove those gawd awful frame connectors too :barf:

Why? It's never gonna be a number matching high $$$ resto that sits on a trophy turn table.... It's meant to be driven & sub frame connectors do help strengthen the car.... 

anlauto

Strengthen it for what ? off roading ?  They look like crap, along with the driveshaft loop and the green rubber floor plugs :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration