Main Menu

1970 Challenger Green 340/4 spd Numbers Matching

Started by 303 Mopar, July 16, 2018, 05:27:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123252841064?rmvSB=true

This is a 1970 Dodge Challenger 340/ 4 speed that is matching numbers.  The motor and trans are matching numbers to the car and the rear end maybe I don't know for sure.  It runs and drives nice.  It has new tires and the rear end was rebuilt.  It is a very solid car and I cant find any rust on it.  The car has a nice driver paint job and it is not perfect and is not a show car.  I don't know how old the paint is.  It does not have power steering or power brakes.  It has drum brakes all the way around and they work great.    The interior is in good shape.  The drivers seat has about a 4" rip in it and the headliner has two small rips in it.  It would be best for you to come look at the car.
I can end the listing anytime because I have the car for sale locally for $33,000.  616-eight eight 9-3232

RUNCHARGER

4 speed, rallye gauges, good colours. Nice car.
Sheldon

JS29

Ralley cluster NOT original! seat belt warning light, two speed wiper with manual washers. :foul:

RUNCHARGER

Ack: You're right. Well, I'd be leaving them in there.
Sheldon

RzeroB

Quote from: JS29 on July 16, 2018, 10:13:47 AM
Ralley cluster NOT original! seat belt warning light, two speed wiper with manual washers. :foul:

Wow JS ... you're good!!  :clapping:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

kawahonda

You couldn't order a rallye cluster on an A66 car? I never knew that it wasn't an option...

One interesting thing with my A66 is that I was able to find old slide pictures of it from the original owner. The car looked brand new in the pictures, probably took it on the same day, or a few days after purchase. Interestingly, there were no scat pack decals on the rear 1/4 windows, nor "340 Four Barrel" badges on the hood. It's an early A66 car too. Either A) The dealership didn't put them on at owner's request, B) The dealership took them off based on owners request, or C) The owner removed them immediately (which I find the least possible option). Maybe I'll post the pictures sometime, they're pretty cool to look at.

1970 Dodge Challenger A66

RzeroB

From what I understand, you could get the Rallye Gauges Package ... all you had to do was check the "A62" option.

As for the sport-hood "badges" my understanding is that these cars got the "340 four barrell" decal on the hood ... but I don't know if it was that way from the beginning or if they introduced it at some point later in the production run?
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

autoxcuda

No way to have numbers rear end. No car has vin numbers on rear end. Raises credibility question of seller. You better get clear pics of the numbers on motor and trans.

Car has all black interior side panels, dash assy, carpet. But rest is green. Dash pad is 71 style. Check for Palco vacuum formed side panels that rarely fit well.

The rallye gauges are originally from a 72-74 car; reset knobs in lens. With the warning light cutout to right, that might be 74?

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

ToxicWolf

My A66 has the rallye gauges and the A62 on the fender tag.   :wave:

kawahonda

I'm wondering if dodge had the dealer add the decals (hood and 1/4 windows). My car supports this theory. I added them anyways because it's looks better !

Husk Challenger

Probably the same car here:
http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=121128&country=ca
Same combo, same rip in the driver seat

Before the swap of the gauges and black door panel
Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

RzeroB

Quote from: Husk Challenger on July 16, 2018, 09:15:51 PM

I would agree as a good number of other features match up too!  :takealook:

Oh, you guys are very good!  :clapping:
Cheers!
Tom

kawahonda

autoxcuda

Quote from: Husk Challenger on July 16, 2018, 09:15:51 PM

I think that nice original OE not reproduced green hard plastic interior parts were pulled off specifically for another car. Look for other parts filtched.

Sort of butch not to bother spraying the replacement black panels.

You know there are E-body owners that replace and or toss nice original parts. They don't care, know, or want to bother repurposing the parts.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...