Main Menu

1970 Challenger RT 440 Six Pack Plum Crazy 4 Speed Project $7,000

Started by Cuda Cody, August 02, 2019, 09:48:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

With the new baby on the way this project is for sale. It's a 1970 Challenger RT 4 Speed 440 6-Pack in high impact FC7 (Plum Crazy Purple) Dana 60 3.54 Track Pak axle option. V9W butt stripe (White Bumble bee stripe). The Dash VIN, Radiator #, Cowl # and Fender tag all match. The numbers matching 440+6 engine and 4 speed trans were found, but I was not able to put a deal together to buy them. I still have the gentleman's number that knows where they are. No build sheet and the Dana 60 was missing when I bought the car. What you get is the car body and a lot of work. But it's a car that if someone is willing to do some of the work themselves the price could be well worth it. Car is located in beautiful Brush Prairie, WA which is near Portland, OR.  $7,000 codyreich@comcast.net or 360-772-5555

I have brand new sheet metal for the Trunk, Frame rails and floor pans. This is the frame assembly that is already spot welded together for a factory replacement to assure everything lines up. I set them on a dolly jig that I have used to build several 1970 Challengers and the frame rails are in the perfect factory location. It's about $2,500 in sheet metal, however anyone who buys the project can have the sheet metal for $1,000 extra if they want.

https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/trunk_-underseat-floor-and-rear-frame-assembly-70-74-challenger/

https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/70-challenger-front-floor-with-foot-well-asssembly/

Cuda Cody

Not much left in the back of the car.  But the replacement metal will make it all better.  :)

The project is currently sitting inside my shop on a lift.

7E-Bodies

Cody, wait til he goes to college. Hint: Start a 529 account NOW! 
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

70 Challenger Lover

Not sure how the wife would handle it but I'd love to redo a car like that! Definitely a car worth saving.

Cuda Cody

JS29

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

Hopefully someone in the group so we can follow the resto.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Arctoad

it is the classic build that is what we all want to see come to fruition. What's more intriguing is the original Drive train.  I'd really love to see a story like the B5 T/A built by Cuda Fan 69. It has the right options right down to the color
:cool:

nsmall

$7,000 should be able to buy all of first year and maybe even second year kid stuff.  Yes a 529 plan wouldnt hurt but they could just unload another ebody when its time for college.  A rare e-body may appreciate better vs an index 529 fund at vanguard. :notsure:

Its cool seeing Cuda Cody sharing some of him and his wife's hidden treasures. 

70 Challenger Lover

@Cuda Cody if this is an extra car you're willing to part with just to buy diapers, I'd like to see what other cool Mopars you have just lying around that actually mean a lot to you!

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

70 Challenger Lover

I saw it early and toyed with the idea but a car like this needs a truly professional restoration. Besides I have four cars now and probably need to get rid of one or two!

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RJChallenger

Welcome to the club Cody. Congratulations again on the baby. That was the reason I couldn't afford to put my car back on the road in 1985 . I have three daughters now, 2 still home.The youngest is 28 years old and in her ninth year of university, med school .That's 3 girls and 15 years in university I had to help pay for, Thankfully only one more year to go. I do hope to have my A66 back on the road for its 50th birthday. Once again congrates on becoming a daddy.