Main Menu

Chall T/A V2

Started by Chryco Psycho, May 26, 2019, 11:01:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

What is the "National T/A registry"?  I assume they are not referring to Barry Washington's Hammtramk registry?
It always bothers me to see a car with a messed up windshield wiper motor, making the arms park so far up the windshield.  It looks bad!  Windshield wiper motors are easy to remove and reinstall on E bodies, so there is no excuse not to send it out to be fixed or replaced before trying to sell the car as a "museum piece".  :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

I love the colour, dog dishes and trim rings.
Sheldon

Fastmark

I've heard from some of the locals there. They say that car has some issues. Don't remember what they are.

RUNCHARGER

Being at a dealer I am sure it does.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 27, 2019, 07:03:41 AM
Being at a dealer I am sure it does.
Sadly, that is true more often than not.  But the same can be same for a lot of the cars that are listed at the big auctions.
Buyer beware and do your homework.

JS29

(But the same can be same for a lot of the cars that are listed at the big auctions)                                                                 Yes the same can be said about the big auctions, ask me how I know!   :pullinghair:

ragtopdodge

Been for sale for awhile.

Seems like a good price.

I wonder if it does NOT have a T/A engine in it.  NO mention of #s matching drivetrain.

Rdchallenger

Quote from: JS29 on May 27, 2019, 10:30:34 AM
  (But the same can be same for a lot of the cars that are listed at the big auctions)                                                                 Yes the same can be said about the big auctions, ask me how I know!   :pullinghair:

Makes two of us... :barf:

aussiemark

It does say matching numbers and if it truly has 57k miles I would be expecting the original engine to be in it and if it wasn't I'd stop talking and start walking.

ragtopdodge

Quote from: aussiemark on June 05, 2019, 06:10:32 AM
It does say matching numbers and if it truly has 57k miles I would be expecting the original engine to be in it and if it wasn't I'd stop talking and start walking.

"...This 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A occupies a rare but multifaceted place in automotive history. Sporting unusually low actual miles (under 57,000!) and in faithfully restored condition (with numbers matching no less),"

Man, these sellers are vague as heck.  Doesn't mention whether it's matching engine?  Trans?  Could be just the dashvin/fender tag that's matching.

Something wrong with it.  Real four-speed TAs should sell for less than $60k in a NY minute if the condition is good and has the right drivetrain.

Very odd.  Something amiss.

6pack

Reserve not met at 52.