Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T original numbers

Started by MasonDaniel7, September 30, 2019, 12:37:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

That will be one to watch....no lack of information there  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

As an owner of a 70 u code and the market swinging, I definitely am watching. Not that I'd ever sell, but it's nice to know.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

RUNCHARGER

Members car, nicely saved. I hope it does well.
Sheldon

70 Challenger Lover

Car is mine. This eBay ad is kind of a test run to see if I can gauge interest as well as what things must be worked on before the next ad in the spring. The danger in doing any kind of work to a car your going to sell is most buyers will buy a done car for big money or a project car for little money but they are hesitant to buy something in the middle for a middle price. I tried to find a balance that would keep me in the black as I went along. If it sold today, I'd definitely make a small profit.

Surprisingly, I've had no questions or phone calls yet it's at 2000 views with more than 100 watching and I'm not even at the 48 hour mark. My prediction is the car will top at at 23-24k at the most. Not quite close enough to the 26k reserve.

I think the slipping clutch and potential rebuild of a tranny is what's holding the sale back. The ugly fenders are definitely are very close second. Those things may be dealt with over the winter.

I still plan to take it to the Fall Fling along with my Barracuda just for fun. If I do, I'll fix a few other little things like switch out the deteriorating rear spring bushings and rear shocks, maybe even toss in a new turn signal switch since all those things are cheap and easy to do.

7E-Bodies

I think anyone serious about doing a proper restoration would budget for clutch/trans rebuild as I did. I'm also one of your watchers, just to see what the market is like.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

70 Challenger Lover

I tried to leave enough room on the sales price that would allow the completion of everything without being totally in the red on final value afterwards. Of course if someone gets a $15000 paint job, then the math changes dramatically but we all know that a really nice paint job including minor body work can be had in the 6-8k range if you ask around.

I would guess that a car like this superbly restored would be worth close to $50k and the U code version well into the $50s. My car finished off nicely might be a $40k car so that leaves a buyer 14-15k to finish things off. I think that's doable if you go to the right people and do a few little things yourself.

Husk Challenger

When i was looking for a new challenger last year i would have definetly interested in buying your car!

If you don't have the budget for a fully restored car and that you don't want to start from a 100% project this one looks to me as a very good compromise...But the timing is never good for me  :bricks:

Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: Husk Challenger on September 30, 2019, 09:40:31 AM
When i was looking for a new challenger last year i would have definetly interested in buying your car!

If you don't have the budget for a fully restored car and that you don't want to start from a 100% project this one looks to me as a very good compromise...But the timing is never good for me  :bricks:

Don't feel bad. My timing is equally bad as well!

Romero14

I have looked at that ebay ad 100 times lol. I would have tried to purchase it but my timing sucks. I bought my car 2 months ago.

70 Challenger Lover

Well if it don't sell, it's gonna have to come with us when we move to Nashville in a couple years. So who knows, maybe someday you will be making a one hour drive to come see it!

Romero14

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on October 01, 2019, 11:19:02 AM
Well if it don't sell, it's gonna have to come with us when we move to Nashville in a couple years. So who knows, maybe someday you will be making a one hour drive to come see it!

Well don't sell it lol. I'm sure we will see each other when you move down this way. I am right outside of Nashville and go to shows all over the area. What else do you have besides the challenger? A Cuda?

70 Challenger Lover

Three others. Two done one to get back underway once I have a bit of room.

Romero14

Nice esp that 71 Fish! Hopefully I get to see them in a couple of years when you move.

70 Challenger Lover

The ad seems to be getting lots of attention. Nearly 4000 views and well over 200 watchers and there is still 2 full days left. I still predict it will only go to 23k or so.