Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 1 of 875

Started by MasonDaniel7, May 24, 2020, 12:28:36 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cudamadd

Nice car looking inside that trunk ,with that rego plate it could have spent some time over. seas  I could be wrong  :dunno:

anlauto

Nice car, needs to call TONY and get the correct appearing 450 rims though. :alan2cents:  although personally I would rather rallies  :D
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

IMHO those yellow wheels detract from that very nice looking Challenger.

@6bblgt I was under the impression that most R/T SE Challengers were more optioned than this car. This is the second one I've looked at today that had manual brakes. Do you have any data on how many R/T SE cars had manual brakes?

anlauto

Quote from: headejm on May 24, 2020, 07:47:30 AM
IMHO those yellow wheels detract from that very nice looking Challenger.

:iagree: 1000% :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

For me the wheels and colour are a no go. Note the vinyl roof showing the SE plug outline and the seam in  the top at the bottom of the window.
Sheldon

SgtSuperbird

LoStHeMi

it's the tires.... the correct polys would change it alot

anlauto

6bblgt

yes, R/T SEs usually have more OPTIONS
     - per the fender tag this car has 8 extra-cost OPTIONS & pedal dress-up is the only additional I see on the car - a $623.70 total (still stickering at $4,200+)
       FY1 - E86 - D32 - A36 - C16 - G34 - R11 - V21            &      J41

without an original window sticker or broadcast sheet "WE" wouldn't know if the complete list had wheels/tires/other additional  OPTIONs

but for every LOADED - R/T SE with $1400-$1600 in options that leaves one out there with $500-$700 in options like this one

of 3,741 (US Spec.) 1970 Challenger R/T SEs:
~ 875 with 440HP 4bbl & automatic (E86 OPTIONAL & D32 OPTIONAL)
          add the 3.55 axle package and it's
~ 161 (w/E86 OPTIONAL, D32 OPTIONAL & A36 OPTIONAL)
~ 539 with manual steering - STANDARD
~ 1,620 with manual drum brakes - STANDARD
~ 101 with painted wheels & hub caps - STANDARD

great looking car & "IF" it is one of the few hub cap R/T SEs and based on its low option list (that included E86 / D32 / A36) I'd bet there were aftermarket MAG WHEELS on this car before "day 2"
the lack of a bunch of OPTIONAL "trinkets" is typical of an order for a "motorhead on a budget" & he got his 50K mile powertrain warranty  :banana:

*****    FYI
of 3,741 (US Spec.) 1970 Challenger R/T SEs:
42.0% ~ 1,571 with power disc brakes (B41 OPTIONAL & B51 OPTIONAL)
14.7% ~ 550 with power drum brakes (B11 STANDARD & B51 OPTIONAL)

in 1970 the world just wasn't disc brake crazy yet - a couple more years to wait & a reason disc brake conversions are so popular today - the desirable old muscle cars just didn't have them