Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A 340 Six Pack 4-speed in Go Mango

Started by MasonDaniel7, April 22, 2020, 12:33:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

njsteve

Shouldn't the headliner, A-pillar covers, trim, and sail panels be white? Looks like they converted over from a black interior by just changing the plastic panels and seats. Nice looking car though.

anlauto

Quote from: njsteve on April 22, 2020, 08:23:48 AM
Shouldn't the headliner, A-pillar covers, trim, and sail panels be white? Looks like they converted over from a black interior by just changing the plastic panels and seats. Nice looking car though.

I thought the same thing....looks very confusing  :drunk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

njsteve

Fender tag is coded for a white top and white interior.

RUNCHARGER

Yup: Interior is all wonked up among other things. Most likely nothing matches but it could be a fun driver if the price doesn't get any higher. I'd change the roof colour to black too as well as working the interior over.
Sheldon

anlauto

Yea the car has a great colour combo, but needs a lot of work.....I would want a white headliner for starters..
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Ah: More photos and a description loaded up the second time I looked. This is a really neat car and the 4 speed matches along with a data tag. I would leave the top white in that case. Fixing the interior would really help this car out.
Sheldon

71vert340

An interesting T/A. I was wondering why the photos of the left rear quarter area show a very lumpy looking vinyl top? Poor quality photos or trouble under the vinyl?
I'd really examine it closely if I were there.
Terry

Matt M

I love the color combo on this car.

Yep the interior would need to be corrected.
I think if it stays around 50K it might be an OK buy as long as the body is OK.
4 Speed a big plus

Nice driver and fix it up as you go to the level you want.
If it was closer to me I would check it out.

1 Wild R/T

headejm

I'd like to buy that car at the current price. Looks to me like some body work needs to be done. Neither door is aligned very well.  I'd have to spend $30 - $40k on it so the price right now is about right for me. Crazy color combination but different. Matching numbers engine, 4-speed, rallye dash... :ohyeah:

P.S. it's about two hours from me if anyone wants some eyes on it.

WhiskeyRebel

What a great car.  Love the color combo. Can you guys school me on what the tube is under/behind the fuel fill tube?

JH27N0B

It's a California emissions car, they have that tube in the trunk for vapors and a return line that runs up the passenger side inner fender and connects by a hose to the breather cap.

Skdmark

The tube running behind the filler tube,  is the Evaporative Control System (ECS) vent from the gas tank. The fender tag has N95 on it. In 70 it was part of the California emissions package. The ECS tube would be standard starting in 71.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane: