Main Menu

1970 DODGE HEMI CHALLENGER R/T CONVERTIBLE 4Spd

Started by ec_co, January 16, 2019, 08:25:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I didn't think the Hemi Challenger convertibles were selling for that much :huh:  I guess you guys are right and it will be in the seven figures :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Morty426

Quote from: JH27N0B on January 17, 2019, 04:05:06 PM
I see Nelsons V code convertible that is scheduled at the same auction is still listed on his website for sale-
https://www.moparponderosa.com/71-plymouth-cuda-convertible/
At Mecum Kissimmee a couple years ago this hemi Challenger convertible sold for $1,650,000 to the weather tech founder-
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0116-229800/1970-dodge-hemi-challenger-rt-convertible/

Wow!  995K for a V code in a undesirable color and no billboards is a reach

JH27N0B

It sold today for $1,430,000.
The V cuda convertible didn't meet reserve.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

E74cuda

I heard the cuda sold also. Don't know the details though

RJChallenger

Very nice car . keeps me motivated to keep working on my A66 challenger. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did 440 and hemi's challengers not come with a Dana rear end, and not a 8 3/4 as listed on the green convertible .

JH27N0B

8-3/4 rear end was standard with automatic.  4 speeds came standard with Danas and you got a Dana with U, V and R codes with automatic if you ordered a Track Pack package.

6bblgt

a Challenger R/T came STANDARD with a 383HP engine, a 3-speed manual transmission & an 8-3/4' rear axle with 3.23 gears (non-sure-grip)
any deviation from this was OPTIONAL, usually with an extra cost involved :takemymoney:

all OPTIONAL engines 440HP, 440+6, HEMI REQUIRED "mandatory" ordering of the automatic or 4-speed manual transmission at extra cost ("more money")
ordering the 4-speed manual transmission with 440HP, 440+6, HEMI REQUIRED "mandatory" ordering one of the DANA60 axle packages (A33 - 3.54s or A34 - 4.10s) at extra cost ("even more money")

Cudino

Good call guys on your estimates on the Hemi, I actually thought it would go just a little bit higher.  FYI, word is that the gold '71 6bbl ragtop sold last night in the Bid Goes On, but looks like Mecum hasn't updated their website status yet.  Not sure about the price.

- Wade

bcbassfishing

That Challenger is one heck of a ride...  Figured they would have ordered power steering on the thing though.