Main Menu

1970 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA CONVERTIBLE NUMBERS MATCHING 383 CAR

Started by MasonDaniel7, August 27, 2021, 12:17:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Here are some pics from when I looked at it
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

erik70rt

And a few more pics

70vert

:unbelievable: That is actually sad/shocking that they were asking $$$$ for that condition. I sure hope they did not sucker anyone!!

erik70rt

70vert

hmm, that is not at all what my cowl stamp looks like?? Mines a 70 Challenger (which I've owned for about 35 years), but looks like very different types of stamping methods. As you can see in the pic, mine is dented down/recessed numbers where this one seems to be raised numbers more like the VIN tag. Is that common or suspect?

RzeroB

Quote from: Mopsquad on August 31, 2021, 10:16:21 AM
Amazing what you can find seeing a car in person.  I was close to buying a car in Florida before Roadman (RIP) volunteered to check it out for me.  So appreciate that he saw it before I pulled the trigger.  It had many unseen issues.

I couldn't agree more. I have seen some cars that were very appealing to me in their online ads and pics. I flew out to see a couple and came home empty handed each time because they weren't so great up close and personal. To me, there is nothing like seeing it in person with one's own eyes.  :alan2cents:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

JH27N0B

You find that a lot with auction cars.  People online will be talking about what a steal a car just sold for at one of the auctions, but if you actually looked at the car there, you'd say that the glossy pictures and raving description in the online auction listing covered up a lot of issues.
Not to mention the number of cars out there with bigger issues like supposed #s matching drive lines that are actually restamped, cars that were "backhalfed" after an accident early on, or even rebodied.  I'm not altogether sure how to protect oneself against buying a car with some of those issues.  You have to do a lot of homework and be careful.
I'm always suspicious of a car that you see for sale repetitively at different brokers and auctions over the years.  A lot of us enthusiasts tend to hang on to our good cars for a long time, therefore a car no one seems to want to own for long raises suspicions.

6pack

Wow ericRT, you know your stuff.  Since you live very close to me, I would love to have you look at a future Ebody convertible to add to my collection.  This flipper is just fishing for a huge profit.

erik70rt

Quote from: 6pack on September 01, 2021, 05:40:08 AM
Wow ericRT, you know your stuff.  Since you live very close to me, I would love to have you look at a future Ebody convertible to add to my collection.  This flipper is just fishing for a huge profit.

Thank you.  I will be more than happy to look at a car with/for you.  :bigthumb: