Main Menu

1970 Plymouth Barracuda hemi cuda real R code car

Started by MasonDaniel7, September 05, 2020, 12:34:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

You don't find them in that condition too often...very interested to see what it sells for  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Wow!  Great looking project. 

Looks solid with the exception of that one frame rail having welded plates on it. 

Shaker car too!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

....it's a front rubber bumper car...that's cool...

What do we think it's worth as is ? Will it be into six figures ?

autoxcuda

Quote from: anlauto on September 05, 2020, 08:46:46 AM
....it's a front rubber bumper car...that's cool...

What do we think it's worth as is ? Will it be into six figures ?

Fake tag

No buildsheet
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

JH27N0B

What's a nicely restored NOM automatic hemi cuda worth these days?  175K maybe?  Factor in 100K to restore including expensive parts need sourced and now you are well below 100K for what it's worth now.
On a thread on it in a different forum, Dan says the tag is fake, so knock the value down for that.
Even at 50-60K one would be underwater by the time the project was completed.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

I missed where Dan said the tag was "fake" .... What was the deciding factor on that ?

autoxcuda

Quote from: anlauto on September 05, 2020, 09:58:00 AM
I missed where Dan said the tag was "fake" .... What was the deciding factor on that ?

That's it's fake.

Seriously, he says it got codes wrong in some way

But beyond and before that...when you first looked at it, didn't you raise doubt? It doest make a case  for itself

Then way the stampings are, the "texture"... I just get a vibe immediately.

Show me a picture with 3 layers of old paint unbroken from the inner fender, etc.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

anlauto

I trust Dan if he has numerical proof that something is incorrect, then I believe him...he's the man. :bigthumb:

....but I don't think everything is a fake until proven real....I like to think everything is real until proven to be fake.

...then there is also a difference, in my opinion, between "fake" and a reproduction based off of a rusted fender tag or BCS 

6bblgt

yes, the tag is "FAKE" without the benefit of any other documentation - it has a number of errors (it was on Craigslist and/or eBay 12/19)

in the past 2 years MECUM has successfully sold 2 HEMI automatic 1970 'cudas $93K & $129K (both w/broadcast sheets), with the sellers netting ~80% of those numbers

Fastmark

Some people just have more money than others to spend and they get caught up in the " I want that" moment. Take the  71 challenger that was discussed on this board. If that car goes through a high end restoration shop, the total price in the car will be more than its worth at this current market. I have good information on a Hemi Cuda that just sold for about the same as this 71 Hemi Challenger. It is an unrestored former race car with very low miles. It's an odd color and I have not seen all the pictures yet. I've seen pictures of the fender tag and sheet. Unless it is in better than normal shape and very complete for a race car, I think he paid to much for it.

fc7cuda

I believe this is the car that has been for sale by the guy in Wyoming? afew years back, he also has other mopars projects.  He never could supply good pics, no tag back then, and the NOM for it was with his partner/friend in Joplin.  Ring a bell?

Still needs to be confirmed that it's even a real Hemicuda IMO.