Main Menu

1970 plymouth cuda convertible 4-speed 426 Hemi

Started by MasonDaniel7, January 10, 2021, 11:25:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

Some drama is associated with that car.
It had been faked as a hemi including an R VIN code. In fact the current owner may have purchased it thinking it was real, but then learned it wasn't.
It's been advertised off and on for a while in 2020 and someone knowledgeable about its fake VIN reported it to the authorities.  It was inspected, and the fake vin tag was removed and a state issued vin was put on it.

kdcarman

Quote from: JH27N0B on January 11, 2021, 04:58:53 AM
It had been faked as a hemi including an R VIN code. In fact the current owner may have purchased it thinking it was real, but then learned it wasn't.
It's been advertised off and on for a while in 2020 and someone knowledgeable about its fake VIN reported it to the authorities.  It was inspected, and the fake vin tag was removed and a state issued vin was put on it.

What a train wreck.  Too bad it cannot be converted back to the original 383 car that was cloned into a Hemi.

davy442

Quote from: JH27N0B on January 11, 2021, 04:58:53 AM

If that's true about the owner, that's too bad. I was wondering what was up about the new CA vin. I knew a guy where that happened to, purchased a Yenko Chevelle, that turned out not to be.

anlauto

I know this type of VIN fraud was pretty popular in the 80's and 90's , but I would like to think that nowadays with the power of the internet and a lot of people with their eyes wide open, that it would be pretty hard to get away with this nonsense and very foolish to even attempt it  :crazytalk: :crazytalk: :dunno:

I would guess the 383 VIN tag was destroyed in the process :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda_mark

Quote from: anlauto on January 11, 2021, 07:40:38 AM
I know this type of VIN fraud was pretty popular in the 80's and 90's , but I would like to think that nowadays with the power of the internet and a lot of people with their eyes wide open, that it would be pretty hard to get away with this nonsense and very foolish to even attempt it  :crazytalk: :crazytalk: :dunno:

I would guess the 383 VIN tag was destroyed in the process :crying:

I wonder when/who did the restoration/fraud. All of the Hemicuda convertibles have been accounted for so they essentially made a new one up. Not a super bright idea...

Does anyone know who did this and when it was done?