Main Menu

Anyon know this 72 Challenger FS in Toronto?

Started by benlavigne, December 19, 2020, 09:08:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

benlavigne

Looks well-built, a friend has asked my opinion, I'd say if the mechanicals are in good shape, it could be a good car?
Don't forget, that's about 45k in US$

http://www.autohebdo.net/go/5-49912247

Ben

anlauto

I've seen it advertised, but never seen it around :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

Nice looking car but the rake is so wrong. There's been a lot of money spent on it but for a 72 it priced far too high.. :alan2cents:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Smallblock340

This Challenger was listed for sale on 13 September 2019.
Grogan Ford Lincoln Inc in Watford was asking CAD 50k.
Odometer showing 52002 mi.
Watford is near Toronto isnt it?

Tough Challenger!  :bigthumb:
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

YYZ

Watford is roughly 300km from the dealer in Toronto

I don't know the car, at least not in its current iteration.

Given that someone ponied up for a Dana and 4 wheel discs, there are probably some other pleasant surprises in the build.

blown motor

I wonder if Grogan's sent it to Toronto to get more exposure. It hasn't been driven in a year.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

When my buddy Mike had his 71 Challenger for sale, I'm pretty sure it went to a Ford dealer. They are flippers. They tried to buy all his cars as a package deal but he said nope. If they think they can make a quick buck flipping it then thats what they do. Same guy at the ford dealer bought a local 68 Bee a few years back too.

benlavigne

Thanks all for the info.
I to think that it is a nice build from the equipment shown.
Although it does look like it was built for more serious use than going to the Dairy Queen... so I wonder if it's been ran hard and put away wet... we'd need at least a compression test, what else could be checked? Anyone close by could do a quick check?

The original 50k price was more realistic....

Ben

jimynick

My old F150 is from Grogan Ford and they're about 35-40 miles from London and about 130- 140 miles from "Tarana". I, also am not fond of flippers and the fact that the latest one saw fit to jam the price another $9000 doesn't help. I hope they get stuck with it and end up losing on it, because I also, think that's a pie-in-the-sky price.  :thumbdown:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"