Main Menu

1970 R code Cuda A32 Super Performance Axle Package

Started by MasonDaniel7, February 13, 2021, 11:25:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YYZ

IMHO the car should be inspected carefully before someone plunks down the cash.

The VIN stamping on the block doesn't appear to be factory and the fender tag appears to be a reproduction.

Pretty car though -- I am a fan of fresh FK5

anlauto

I feel like we talk about the same cars over and over again... :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Just the ones priced higher than they're worth Alan.
Sheldon

kdcarman

From Alaska TA on Moparts:

"It has been discussed here and elsewhere before.

Fake tag, bogus engine stamps, who knows what else.....

Run, run away.

Nothing there worth owning."

B5fourspeed

With blistering in the paint that means the whole car needs to be stripped.135K for driver quality.I bet the one bid is his.

7E-Bodies

Yeah, that engine stamping jumped out at me as well. Proceed with caution.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

cuda hunter

I'm glad that yal bring up these cars.  I learn so much from every posting about each car.  Everytime I look at something like this I see more of what yal see.
Thanks for posting up about these cars. 

Actually, I wish that the cars would be picked apart more.  Over on FCBO, the guys really pick apart the details on the C bodies.  It's very informative and I can't believe how many unique parts there are for the C's.  If the knowledge here would tear these cars apart, rip it up, I'd learn so much more. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

RUNCHARGER

I feel bad picking them apart. It's someone's pride and joy usually and a lot of the time the owner knows the flaws. I don't mind picking apart something when the ad stats that this is the best car ever, perfect resto etc. though.
Sheldon

worthywads

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 14, 2021, 05:57:02 PM
.......I don't mind picking apart something when the ad stats that this is the best car ever, perfect resto etc. though.

Ex-president comes to mind......

Shoooter

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 14, 2021, 05:57:02 PM
I feel bad picking them apart. It's someone's pride and joy usually and a lot of the time the owner knows the flaws. I don't mind picking apart something when the ad stats that this is the best car ever, perfect resto etc. though.

I 100% agree with you sheldon. If it's a car for sale and they state it's the best then feel free to point out the stuff to protect potential buyers, but if it's just someone's car there proud of leave it be.

6pack

It looks like they got two people on it bidding that do not know what they are getting into for that money.  No way to contact them.  It is to bad that it is free to read about it on here but costly to bid and win an expensive loser known questionable car.   Maybe the winner will read in the future on here and come to the realization then. 

As just stated, you take 8 years to build a car and have all the baggage and some turmoil that goes with it. So you do not write about it here; that is all correctable by the next guy if they see to it as needed and not sneaky.  When you add engine stamps and fake tags that's misrepresentation a totally different issue.

anlauto

Maybe the people bidding don't really care about the details, they just want a cool looking car  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Uneducated buyers happen all the time. It always seems to play out the same. They see something they like, buy it then they cruise the forums, find out bad news and you don't hear from them again. Unfortunately the good cars are found by word of mouth usually, I have never bought a car that was advertised nationally.
Sheldon