Main Menu

Yard Sale Find

Started by 71vert340, July 19, 2019, 08:18:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71vert340

I stopped by a yard sale advertised about 3 minutes from my house. Here's one of the better things for sale in the yard sale. I'm going to stop by tomorrow when someone is home to get a better look. It's a 72 Challenger 318 auto trans. New ( but dusty) paint job. Looks to be 95 % assembled.  They're asking $15K. Photo taken at 8pm tonight.
Terry

1 Wild R/T

Looks like a relative bargain...

Rich G.

How can you go wrong for that price!

71vert340

I wish I had room for one more car but unfortunately I don't. I'm still going to look at it this morning. It's missing some pieces that he may have but are not on the car like the wheel opening moldings, the bumper fillers, wiper arms, etc. Still, it looked really well except for a misaligned drivers door - worn hinge pins probably because it looked to be sagging. Anyway, I'll see what the story is.
Terry

71vert340

Front view. It's missing the grill surround molding and lower grille insert.
Terry

blown motor

Let us know if you make a move on it.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

cuda hunter

What's the fender tag readout?
Is there a build sheet?

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

Maybe they'll take an offer without those wheels.
Sheldon

71vert340

Here's the story on the car. The car belonged to the father of the woman selling it. He died and they have no interest in the finishing the car. They let me examine car and take photos. The car has rust bubbles in front of both rear wheels. There were a few pinholes in the trunk pan. It looks like the left rear quarter has had body work done behind the drivers door and the door hinge is worn out.  Has a rallye instrument cluster. They do have the missing parts not on the car. It runs and drives. Maybe a good driver. If anyone is interested, I can get the sellers info.
Here's a photo of fender tag.
Terry

71vert340

Interior view.

71vert340

I looked underneath and it does have dual exhaust (glasspacks) with dual  cutout rear valence and an 8.75 rear end.  Anyway, it's not very often you find one of these at a yard sale. I'm passing on it.
Terry

71vert340

One last photo.