Main Menu

1971 Cuda Convertible 383, manual

Started by LoStHeMi, June 04, 2023, 03:00:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

LoStHeMi

ragtopdodge

I never seen a "71" stamp on the upper right before???

HP_Cuda

That is odd as is the bent upper left portion.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

cuda hunter

How often was the made by plymouth tag installed?  I've not seen that very often.
I looked through my tags and do not see any other tag that has a 71 on it like that.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JH27N0B

The made by Plymouth tag was installed on export cars. This one claims it was ordered overseas by a serviceman so it was export ordered, but likely delivered in the states after he returned.

Skdmark

Same SPD as my 71 R/T.
Maybe the bent left corner was due to the install of the "Made by Plymouth" export tag.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

JH27N0B

I don't have a reference detail photo collection handy to refer to, but my recollection is that those export tags were installed stand alone on the inner fender, not sharing a screw with the fender tag.
I'd hazard a guess they were installed at some step in the delivery process after the car rolled off the assembly line. Not at the shipping port leaving here or arriving overseas though, as they are seen on cars ordered overseas by servicemen prior to returning here, and delivered here after they got back thus the car in these cases were never actually exported.
Possibly a mistake made during restoration the way that's it's currently installed.

HP_Cuda

This is why I think its somewhat funny as most of the export tags were put to the right of the data tag.

Quote from: Skdmark on June 30, 2023, 09:23:59 AM
Same SPD as my 71 R/T.
Maybe the bent left corner was due to the install of the "Made by Plymouth" export tag.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

SeventyTX9RTRag

A buddy has a 69 Charger export car and the tag does not share a screw with the export tag. My guess is that was installed wrong by resto shop.