Main Menu

1971 CUDA HIGH IMPACT FY1 LEMON TWIST ORIGINAL BILLBOARD 340 4 SPEED

Started by MasonDaniel7, January 23, 2022, 11:19:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

Culvers

anlauto

If those are actual bids, that's pretty strong money for the condition of the car  :banana: :banana:
What's wrong with the tag ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YYZ

Nice looking car.  Both inner fenders have been replaced so IMHO the original tag would not be in that good of a condition.

Culvers

Quote from: anlauto on January 24, 2022, 06:12:04 AM
Some codes are missing, and there is something wrong with the color and SPD

YYZ

Quote from: Culvers on January 24, 2022, 09:49:39 AM

IIRC FY1 was not available that early in the model year -- GY3 was being pushed at that time

anlauto

"Codes missing" you mean like shaker hood and rubber bumpers  :haha: :haha: :haha:

With FY1 being a 1970 colour why wouldn't it be correct for an early build 1971 ? Did they not offer it until later in the model year....that's weird  :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

YYZ

Quote from: anlauto on January 24, 2022, 10:44:06 AM

With FY1 being a 1970 colour why wouldn't it be correct for an early build 1971 ? Did they not offer it until later in the model year....that's weird  :looney:

You are correct that both FY1 and GY3 were offered on '71s.  However, GY3 was dropped sometime before the end of the model year, leaving FY1 as the only choice for yellow.

On the flip side, I seem to recall that FY1 was not available from the start of '71 production, but was quietly made available a few months in -- perhaps because the feedback on GY3 was that it was 'too much'.

I'm not 100% certain on my recollection and a lot of my Mopar resources are in deep storage, so it's entirely possible that I'm wrong about the start of the model year paint availability.  Perhaps @6bblgt or others would clarify.

The inner fenders, on the other hand, are absolutely replacements.  The 'bump out' on the DS inner fender for the battery strap didn't appear until very late in the '71 model year, and even then, was not consistent.  The PS inner fender has the depression for the vent line bracket --- again, based on SPD the car would still have a '70 style inner fender without the notch.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee