Main Menu

1971 Dodge Challenger Convertible 440ci big block

Started by MasonDaniel7, October 15, 2019, 12:24:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

JS29

The stickers on the windshield are from New York, It was a column shift auto.  :alan2cents:

HEMICUDA

rebelyell

cuda hunter

I would assume they are talking about how the trunk floor has what appears to be the original rust under the paint.  Looks as if it was just kinda fixed, maybe skimmed and not replaced. 
  If the trunk was not properly cared for during a restoration then the rest of the body is not going to be any better.  Probably worse.   

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

oh and for 70K I should be able to shave from the reflection on the paint in the trunk.   :alan2cents: :alan2cents:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

ragtopdodge

Can get a real 70 RT 'vert for that coin.  In fact, a four-speed 383 70 sold for less than that recently.

Now if it had a Hemi (Gen II), maybe if the body was immaculate.

RUNCHARGER

Note the trunk dropoffs, note the patch scabbed on the outer wheelhouse, Not sure how the tailpipes are hung. There's more problems in there but after stuff like that I don't look anymore.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

I knew I was missing what the real problem was.  Your keen eyes always amaze me ebody wizard.

RUNCHARGER

Oh I'm not a wizard, I would just hate to see anyone buy something like that without seeing the problems.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

Oh I definitely see a wizard designation there. 

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: Oh we can block that out, not too wizardy some days.
Sheldon