Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger Convertible, Ucode 440, Mr. Norms, RARE!

Started by MasonDaniel7, November 07, 2021, 12:17:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

750-h2

anlauto

Why a thousand pictures of the exterior from 20 feet away ? How does that help ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

The car has been advertised for a while, overpriced but realistically what is it worth?
Agreed on the pictures, why no interior, engine or trunk pictures?
I wonder if it was the only Challenger R/T convertible sold at Mr Norms?  Hard to believe they only sold one, but there was a Daytona on the market one time claimed to be the only Daytona sold at Mr Norms.
Yet he sold hundreds of T/As. 

750-h2

Scroll down to the bottom of the listing. There are tons of great pics. Very nice restoration!  Not really overpriced when you consider that V code JS27 cars often sell for over $300,000, + Mr. Norm cars always pull more $.   

JH27N0B

My idea of Challenger pricing is 383 and 340 are approximately same, U code add 15-20% to that baseline, V code add about 50% and R code 3-4X that baseline.  Now certain exceptional cars bring premiums.  The only JS27V0B cars I think are in the 300K range are the early production FE5 promotional cars which I think have brought around that figure in recent sales. But I've seen some decent JS27V0B cars sell for around 200K in recent years so that is my estimate for their average value.
Of course color factors in too.  I think FY1 is neutral.  If pink, black or even purple, that adds value. F8 and F4 along with browns subtract.
What does Mr Norms history add?  I'm guessing 10%.  My T/A is a documented Mr Norms car so if I'm low, that would be good.  :D

750-h2

Just for fun I checked Hagerty's most current price guide. These value's are for 1970 JS27V automatic, non Shaker cars. If equipped with 4 speed and Shaker add 40% to these values.

Concour  =  $249,000
Excellent =  $175,000
Good      =  $134.000
Fair        =   $97,500

Considering the quality of that restoration,  the asking price seems reasonable to me.

Mopsquad

Beautiful car but the non original block may be holding up the rush of buyers.

Jay Bee

Quote from: 750-h2 on November 07, 2021, 11:54:43 AM
Scroll down to the bottom of the listing.

I had to scroll partially down until the box that said "Full size photos" with an arrow came up. Clicking that came up with that ton of pictures.

70vert

Maybe the Yellow is not as "premium" as other colors but I like it a lot, pretty high profile!!
Assuming the restoration is top-notch that is a very good price for a '70, 440, Convertible, and then layer in Mr Norms (which means nothing to me). Seems pretty well documented also.