Main Menu

1971 Plymouth Barracuda CUDA CONVERTIBLE 383 FACTORY 4 SPEED

Started by MasonDaniel7, May 01, 2021, 12:24:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

1972V21Cuda

Culvers

anlauto

I think if it had a "fake" tag then all the options on the car would be on the tag. :alan2cents:

This is a beautiful car, but why load it down with options, can't people just restore them the way they were ? :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YYZ

Beautiful car, stunning restoration, and it's nice to see fresh EL5 paint.

However, the tag and build do raise questions.  If it's a 3.55 car, there should be an axle code on the tag and a 26" 959 rad in it.

If it's a 3.23 car without A/C, why is the 26" code on the tag?

E74cuda

anlauto

As long as the broadcast sheet is NOT messed with....the tag really wouldn't concern me. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

70 Top Banana

anlauto

Love to see it parked with member Cudaize's 340 version....make for a great picture  :drooling:

RacerX

Why "restore" to that level if you are going to add a ton of options it didn't come with?

Do the inspection paint blobs really matter at that point?

Did the factory install old dry rotted tie rods and pittman arms in 1971?   The seals are crispy and blown out
on every one of them on this car but they still put the inspector paint on them....   guess the grease spewing
out the holes in the seals is "factory approved"      :dunno:

anlauto

Quote from: RacerX on May 01, 2021, 07:57:21 AM

Why "restore" to that level if you are going to add a ton of options it didn't come with?

Do the inspection paint blobs really matter at that point?

Did the factory install old dry rotted tie rods and pittman arms in 1971?   The seals are crispy and blown out
on every one of them on this car but they still put the inspector paint on them....   guess the grease spewing
out the holes in the seals is "factory approved"      :dunno:

YIKES :o

6bblgt

partial broadcast sheet, then why not show it - is it the size of a postage stamp  :drunk:

with many issues with the fender tag  :thinking:  I wonder if that's the case?

anlauto

Quote from: 6bblgt on May 01, 2021, 09:47:27 AM
partial broadcast sheet, then why not show it - is it the size of a postage stamp  :drunk:

with many issues with the fender tag  :thinking:  I wonder if that's the case?

That's weird....I know it was early this morning, but I swear the word "partial" wasn't there when I first read it. :rubeyes:

So that's likely the case, maybe they only have the top half....but it is nice to see the "reproduction" fender tag doesn't have all the fancy options added to it  :alan2cents:

cudaize

Quote from: anlauto on May 01, 2021, 07:45:21 AM
Love to see it parked with member Cudaize's 340 version....make for a great picture  :drooling:

I saw this one on ebay Wednesday or Thursday night shortly after it was listed and at first glance thought someone had put a picture of mine on there.  I didn't really have any time to look closely at the pictures until today.  By and large I think it is a very nice restoration, obviously there are a number of things that can be nitpicked.  Honestly at this price I didn't expect it to last more than a day before it got sold, but maybe some of these items are holding it back.  I still think it is a fair price for a real 71 Cuda convertible with this level of restoration.  I would have to hear numbers in the neighborhood of twice what this seller is asking to part with mine.

Also I do like the color coded grille even though not available in this color.  Had I not been restoring mine as close to factory as possible I would have my grille body color.

anlauto

I thought the price was a great deal too... I wonder what shop restored it ?