Main Menu

1971 TX9 Barracuda gold top...

Started by LoStHeMi, June 13, 2021, 03:20:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudamadd

I like this  car a lot very different  :australia:

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

6bblgt

:alan2cents:  very odd choices in a restoration/customization of a Barracuda Gran Coupe ......  yet brag about its original uniqueness  :crazytalk:

anlauto

I was going to say the same thing, I thought it was some really rare car that they cheaped out on rims/ tires etc... then come to realize it's a 383 car.. :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

@6bblgt
Dan, I'm not to familiar with this colour interior, but in 1971 wouldn't the carpet and dash be gold as well ?

...why do they keep calling it a Cuda ? and why the heck would they add fender louvers ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

6bblgt

@anlauto yes, the 1971 P6Y3 vinyl interior had a gold dash & carpet

aren't HEMI '71 Barracuda ('cuda clones) still <$100K ??   :thinking:  & it's a shame they did that to a 30K mile car  :haha:

anlauto

This car having leather, do you think that makes a difference ?  I know they had Gold/Black in 68-69 B Bodies and such but I've never seen or heard of it in a 71 E Body... :huh:

anlauto

It amazes ne to think of what people were thinking when they restore a rare car....Oh yea...it's super rare, but lets just change a bunch of shit on it to make it even rarer...  :looney: :looney: :looney:

ragtopdodge

Quote from: anlauto on June 13, 2021, 07:46:52 PM
This car having leather, do you think that makes a difference ?  I know they had Gold/Black in 68-69 B Bodies and such but I've never seen or heard of it in a 71 E Body... :huh:

https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/aarta/interiors/interiors.html

P6Y3...gold leather I guess?!!?

ragtopdodge

Skdmark

P6Y3 is vinyl
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

cuda hunter

That is one really cool car!  Love the color of the vinyl top with the black. 
I've got that same color top on my 71 newport Custom. 

Is the asking price,   more than what is typical for a gran coupe?  Of any color or level of restoration? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

6pack

Very nice BP Cuda not.  Even though this one may have been delivered this way. This interior reminded me way back when some ones seats were tore up they would go to the junkyard and get whatever fit and install them.   

anlauto

Where did you guys find the tag picture ? I never saw that before....so it's not even a leather interior car ? Man this thing is a mess..

YES, the asking price is crazy for a 383 Grand Coupe in my opinion. :alan2cents: