Main Menu

1972 challenger/1970 clone project

Started by Nepagarage, February 19, 2022, 02:21:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Nepagarage

Moderators please remove. Thanks

Nepagarage

PRICE DROP!! $15,000!!!
The paint issue aside, this is a solid no rust car that has straight bodywork and needs maybe less than 10 hours of work for respray.

Nepagarage

Guys are we that far off on price? I know the "fresh paint yet still needing fresh paint" is a turn off, but I thought $15k was a fair price with all the fresh metal and body work plus the parts that go with the car. Open to offers if they aren't ridiculous. If it doesn't sell before too long I might have to shuffle some things around and buy it off my brothers myself and finish it

anlauto

I don't know, I thought $18K was fair  :dunno: maybe being a 72 is a turn off ? Great car for a resto-mod...no metal work to do is a huge plus :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Nepagarage

Yeah I'm sure that's a component to it. I'd think a 72 that's a 70 clone would still be more desirable than it remaining a 72 though. Idk.... if it sells awesome, if it doesn't I might have to back burner my 70 for a bit and see if I can step in here and finish this one, as you said, as more of a resto mod. Not go bananas on it. Just make it a nice looking runner with the 318 I have on the stand or a modern hemi swap. I'm sure she'd sell a lot easier then

MKA

Perhaps put it on the Facebook ebody site.  You would be surprised how people share and it ends up everywhere.   And ignore the grumpy trolls. 

Nepagarage

I appreciate the tip but I haven't been on Facebook in 10 years and prefer to keep it that way lol. I figured on a forum like this at least it's guys who know what to look for and what is reasonable etc (albeit not as broad of an audience as Facebook). And the trolls is something I don't have patience for anymore lol. Before I started work on my 70 I had considered selling it and put it up on Craigslist a few years ago....good god the idiots I had to sift through! Just wasn't worth the hassle haha

erik70rt

If I wasn't tied up with two other projects I would pick it up - esp since I'm not far away from you.  I even have a 440 and trans for it and would build it as a really nice cruiser.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Nepagarage

Isn't that always the way? Lol. I'm actually looking for a 440/727 for my 70 that I'm working on at the moment. In case it's just sitting there collecting dust and you wanna get rid of it 😁

erik70rt

Quote from: Nepagarage on March 04, 2022, 04:27:12 PM
Isn't that always the way? Lol. I'm actually looking for a 440/727 for my 70 that I'm working on at the moment. In case it's just sitting there collecting dust and you wanna get rid of it 😁

I won't be available this weekend, but we can shoot for the weekend after.  How complete of a 440 do you want?  I have two but one is only a block and crank.  I would definitely let one go and the 727 trans. 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Nepagarage

$13,000!!! That's the bottom dollar and honestly I feel like that's giving it away in the current market! If it doesn't sell at $13,000 I have a backup deal worked out with my brother for me to take it, although I'd really like to solely concentrate on my 70 project before taking on anything else.

Someone come take advantage of a solid deal!!

anlauto

Have you not tried eBay or something ? This car should have sold a long time ago in my opinion... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Nepagarage

I've had bad experiences with EBay in the past. I considered craigslist as I've used that in the past but I can't deal with the idiots lol. I figure a proper mopar forum is a little less painless as it's guys with some knowledge and know what's reasonable

Purepony

Put the car on eBay already and you'll probably get the 15 or more

Crocha617

Quote from: Purepony on March 17, 2022, 01:26:05 AM
Put the car on eBay already and you'll probably get the 15 or more

Agreed Ebay or Facebook market place and it will sell quick.