Main Menu

1972 charger U code rallye project

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, February 20, 2019, 07:28:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/215063999332758/

Looks like a cool car. Numbers matching 440, bucket seats, hideaway headlights. Thinking it's petty blue but not sure on that.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 20, 2019, 07:54:34 AM
That is one really cool car !

I know! I'm wanting to go check it out. Price seems fair if it has as little rust as he claims and especially if he can find the fender tags. I'm moving cross country in two years and I already have three old cars to move. Adding a fourth would really tax my wife's patience. Haha

cuda hunter

It's sold. 
I was gonna do it.  But it's gone already. 

I just love those door scallops. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

I love the scallops too. I was surprised by how solid it seemed since most cars this old are really going to hell.  I'm glad someone got it. It should be a really cool car when it's done. I'm finding lots of cars on Facebook marketplace. I'll start putting them up sooner. They aren't bargains but it's a different source for cars other than Craigslist and eBay

71383bee

My friend has got a 72 rallye project for sale in GY8 Gold with a black top and interior. 

Its originally a 400 2 bbl car but he has a complete P code 400- 4 bbl drivetrain that goes with it.  The Body is fully stripped, blasted, and primed and in a body shop right now and is awaiting work.  Its a super solid car from Oklahoma and is getting minor sheet metal done to it. 

Last i heard hes been trying to offload everything for $6,500 which is a steal considering he has TWO sets of rallye doors, the original bulge hood, several dashes, and the louvered taillights for it. 

Considering how often you see a REAL 72 rallye in Gold poly we've been focusing on restoring this car as close to original as possible with the exception of the P code drivetrain.  If it has to be sold i hope it goes to someone who recognizes that. 
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

dodj

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on February 20, 2019, 11:01:43 AM
I'm finding lots of cars on Facebook marketplace. I'll start putting them up sooner. They aren't bargains but it's a different source for cars other than Craigslist and eBay
PM me ASAP if a '71, '72 RR shows up....
I'll show up with a trailer and those beers I owe ya...
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

redgum78

That looks like a deal!  :takemymoney: would be my reaction if it was driving distance from me.

70 Challenger Lover

@dodj  I'll definitely keep an eye out and pm you if I see anything!

@71383bee  I'd keep it gold too. I like those colors. I think the price is really good on your buddy's car. Too bad it's all the way in Illinois. I'm relocating to Nashville in two years and I plan to become a real Mopar hoarder so if he still has it then, I'm making the trip with a trailer. Lol

RUNCHARGER

That rallye had clean metal, no wonder it sold immediately.
Sheldon

70 Challenger Lover

I'm kicking myself for not calling the day it popped up but I really don't need to drag another car across country. Lol

cuda hunter

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on February 20, 2019, 07:27:14 PM
I'm kicking myself for not calling the day it popped up but I really don't need to drag another car across country. Lol

Isn't that the truth.  I have two barracuda's on the other side of the states from me that I need to go get already.

Chryco Psycho

I love these cars but seriously don't waste your time , I spent 50 k restoring the one I had & barely got what this guy is asking for that one unrestored  :Thud:

71383bee

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 21, 2019, 09:08:44 AM
I love these cars but seriously don't waste your time , I spent 50 k restoring the one I had & barely got what this guy is asking for that one unrestored  :Thud:

I hear you Chryco.  it truly is a labor of love.  The 72 rallyes are just not bringing the value as the 71 R/T's and Super bees and its just too bad as they actually made less of them and when optioned right they are extremely rare.  I've seen a few that at best go for mid 20's.  Otherwise they stay for sale for a long time.  Its also very rare to see one restored to original shape. 

I hope my buddy keeps his and gets it done! 
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top