Main Menu

1972 charger U code rallye project

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, February 20, 2019, 07:28:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

70 Challenger Lover

It wasn't but a few short years ago we all said the same thing about vans, station wagons, A and C body cars but all of those have gone up a lot over a relatively short time simply because most of us who love old Mopars can't afford the ultra cool models. These 70s era B body cars are plentiful now just like 68 chargers once were. But it won't stay that way. In fact, there is a real rise in all sort of makes from the 70s. It won't take long for these to skyrocket.

ToxicWolf

Would love a 68 Charger, but I don't think I could slip it past my wife.  :bye:

cuda hunter

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 21, 2019, 09:08:44 AM
I love these cars but seriously don't waste your time , I spent 50 k restoring the one I had & barely got what this guy is asking for that one unrestored  :Thud:

I shoulda bought that one. :bricks:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 21, 2019, 02:27:49 PM
I love these cars but seriously don't waste your time , I spent 50 k restoring the one I had & barely got what this guy is asking for that one unrestored  :Thud:

I see these from time to time though not quite as hot as this one. I'll pm you if I see another. I already have dodj on my list for roadrunners

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 21, 2019, 02:27:49 PM

Someone should have  :bricks:

RUNCHARGER

I sold this one for $100k, best car I ever owned. I thought about buying it back about 5 years ago.
Sheldon

71383bee

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 22, 2019, 07:15:07 AM
I sold this one for $100k, best car I ever owned. I thought about buying it back about 5 years ago.

Sweet R/T!

I have a soft spot for the 71/72 B bodies.  I've owned 4 in my time. and I've had the pleasure of building a 71 FC7 Super Bee and owning a 71 N96 EL5 Roadrunner.  I really enjoyed the roadrunner a lot but nothing grabbed the attention that my Super Bee did. 

The bee is still listed to me on the Super bee Registry site but its since been sold to a guy out in PA.  http://www.71superbee.com/Chris_Palmer/
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

Chryco Psycho

I love the 71 B bodies & have also owned a few , fantastic cars that are very unappreciated unless they are R or V code  :twothumbsup:

cuda hunter

this one being a U code is what gets me. 
Might be one of the only undervalued 440's on the market. a 72 non the less.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Chryco Psycho

Agreed , I had a 72 Ralley 400 mag 4spd in GA4 with hideaways for while , it was one of 142 built before the color option
No one was overly interesed in it either

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I think the 72's are probably the best value you can find if looking to buy a hiper Mopar. Unfortunately they may never come to life price wise. But if you want a nice car to drive for reasonable they are the ticket. I love 71-2 Road Runners as well.
Sheldon