Main Menu

1972 Dodge Challenger 440 V8 Pro Touring show car

Started by MasonDaniel7, May 21, 2021, 12:20:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

IRON MAN

This 72 Challenger blurs the line between pro touring and pro street. The way it is setup it leans more towards pro street. It would be hilarious to watch this Challenger compete in autocross against pro touring cars.

anlauto

I disagree, this car has absolutely NOTHING to do with "pro touring" .... It's an old school pro street through and through.....Ad is just using "pro touring" as the latest catch phase to get attention. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Purepony

318Stroker

anlauto

How about the fact it's an original "JS" Rally Challenger, 340 4 speed in a great colour combo  :o :looney: :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

318Stroker

Quote from: anlauto on May 21, 2021, 12:19:07 PM
How about the fact it's an original "JS" Rally Challenger, 340 4 speed in a great colour combo  :o :looney: :looney:

Yes, what a shame. Hacked, whacked, and butchered.

Smallblock340

:iagree:
This '72 Challenger would have been a great, highly optioned Rallye combo!  :yes:

FYI, asking price is dropping fast: from US$ 38,900 (March 9th) to US$ 33,500 (May 21st)...
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

Burdar

Love the color.

It's a typical Pro Street car where the owner/builder was more interested in going fast then the fit and finish of the car.  Dash and engine compartment need work to look good and the tail panel needs to be painted correctly.  I'm not a fan of the R/T stripe.  Did this car have the fender louvers and strobe stripes from the factory?(not up on what the delete code is and if it's on the fender tag)  The strobe stripes would look great on this color.  The triangular bracket on the rear valance can be removed.  That was only for 73-74s.

anlauto

I don't see any delete codes or body side molding codes, so I'm guessing it did have the louvers and strobe stripes :drooling:  Just noticed it's a 4spd car with A/C which is rare too :'(

318Stroker

Quote from: Burdar on May 21, 2021, 01:34:25 PM
Love the color.

It's a typical Pro Street car where the owner/builder was more interested in going fast then the fit and finish of the car.  Dash and engine compartment need work to look good and the tail panel needs to be painted correctly.  I'm not a fan of the R/T stripe.  Did this car have the fender louvers and strobe stripes from the factory?(not up on what the delete code is and if it's on the fender tag)  The strobe stripes would look great on this color.  The triangular bracket on the rear valance can be removed.  That was only for 73-74s.

Tag is coded V6X, which is the strobes on a 72. The delete code is V68.

6pack

That car would make a good demolition derby car at our county fair this year.  Me sooooo bad.