Main Menu

1972 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA SUNROOF @ Mecum Indy 2020

Started by Smallblock340, July 14, 2020, 10:15:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Smallblock340

To be sold at the Indy 2020 auction, on 18 July 2020:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0520-414971/1972-plymouth-barracuda-sunroof/

1 of 33 produced with factory sunroof.
@sdweatherman : one for the Mopar Sunroof Registry?
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

cuda hunter

Oh that is sweeeet !! 

A sunroof 72 is what I would love to find. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cudamadd

Wow this little baby is very different, love sunroofs very nice little package 

sdweatherman

This one is in the Sunroof Registry already - here is the tag data and pics of it in its unrestored state. Pretty good looking car now!
Scott.

Smallblock340

:twothumbsup:

By looking at the fender tag we may conclude that the Barracuda has been restored to factory specs! Cool!
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

Brads70

anlauto

Wow...finally....I wanted so bad to buy this car when it was a project, but just couldn't justify the price for a 318 car....I really didn't understand the rarity of the 72 sunroof at that time either, then it disappeared. So glad to see it got a proper restoration.
@bpsmopar this would look great with your white 71 Charger :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

Quote from: Smallblock340 on July 15, 2020, 02:33:47 AM

By looking at the fender tag we may conclude that the Barracuda has been restored to factory specs! Cool!
Looks like the N85, A62, tachometer, Rallye cluster was added to the car. Not on the fender tag readout.  :no:

kdcarman

Quote from: anlauto on July 15, 2020, 04:59:28 AM
Wow...finally....I wanted so bad to buy this car when it was a project, but just couldn't justify the price for a 318 car....I really didn't understand the rarity of the 72 sunroof at that time either, then it disappeared. So glad to see it got a proper restoration.

What did it sell for as a project?

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Skdmark

Shouldn't the tail light area be black on 72 cuda?

Too bad it didn't have the V21 option.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

Quote from: Skdmark on July 15, 2020, 10:06:00 AM

It's NOT a "Cuda" it's a Barracuda  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Quote from: kdcarman on July 15, 2020, 06:50:12 AM
Quote from: anlauto on July 15, 2020, 04:59:28 AM

What did it sell for as a project?

In around $15K or something like that...I can't remember

Skdmark

Quote from: anlauto on July 15, 2020, 10:10:38 AM
Quote from: Skdmark on July 15, 2020, 10:06:00 AM

It's NOT a "Cuda" it's a Barracuda  :alan2cents:

DOH! I missed that.
Was too obvious being in the title etc.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

sdweatherman

Quote from: JS29 on July 15, 2020, 06:38:03 AM
Quote from: Smallblock340 on July 15, 2020, 02:33:47 AM

Looks like the N85, A62, tachometer, Rallye cluster was added to the car. Not on the fender tag readout.  :no:
The picture of the tag that I have is a little tough to read. I went back and double checked the codes and what I thought was M88 is actually N85 for the tach. The A62 code for the Rallye Dash was discontinued for 1972. So if you wanted it, you would order J97 Rallye Instrument Panel - which unfortunately does not show up on the tag - but is on this car's buildsheet. With the Rallye Instrument Panel in 1972 - you got the Tach, Clock, Variable speed wipers, Oil pressure guage, Trip odometer, and the 150 speedo. You could only order the Rallye Instrument Panel on V8 cars - no Slantys allowed. So it looks like the tag and build sheet check out. Hope this helps!