Main Menu

1972 PLYMOUTH BARRACUDA SUNROOF @ Mecum Indy 2020

Started by Smallblock340, July 14, 2020, 10:15:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

There's a black one that shows up at Carlisle now and then, needs a resto too I think. :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

sdweatherman

Quote from: 6bblgt on July 18, 2020, 06:49:25 PM
Quote from: JS29 on July 18, 2020, 05:34:34 PM
A true 340 BS car with the factory sun roof, rallye cluster, and a 4-speed would be nice.    :yes:

the proverbial "needle in a haystack"  :cooldance:   you want a "good" color too?   -   if you find one, let Scott "sdweatherman" know

https://moparsunroofregistry.com/

https://moparsunroofregistry.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/sunroof1972plymouthbarracudas.pdf
Thanks for the plug Dan! Looks like I haven't updated the 1972 sunroof Barracudas in a while. Might have one more car to add possibly. I will see about doing that! Scott.

JS29

@6bblgt  Of course, If one is to dream up a rare car it would be a must.  :haha: But if someone was willing to pay 39 large for a 318 car,  what would be a car like my fantasy's bring   :bigmoney: If you are going to dream, dream big.  :rofl:   

Smallblock340

This 1972 Plymouth Barracuda Sunroof is listed for sale again @ Veit's Vettes and Collector Cars in Bettendorf, Iowa...
http://www.vvncc.com/details.asp?VID=69346259
Asking price... $ 74,900  :o
Remember this car was sold @ Mecum Indy 2020 for... $ 39,050

Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

anlauto

I see now that they really cut corners with the restoration when it comes to the underneath of the car....Up top, everything looks nice but underneath it looks like a driver...

I feared the same thing when I wanted to buy this car.....that the cost of the restoration would be more then double the resale value.

I think $39K was a good deal, but likely very close to the top end for a 1972 318 car (sunroof makes a huge difference)

$75K is just lunatic ...never going to happen  :crazytalk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Smallblock340

:iagree:
"Lunatic"
That's the word I was looking for...  ;)
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

sdweatherman

Yes, I thought 39K was VERY top end for the car when it sold at Mecum - figured someone really wanted a 72 Barracuda with the slider and the Quadruple white factory colors were icing on the cake. Not sure who in there right mind would pay almost double for the car now. Hell, for 75K, you could snap up real Hemi car in good driver shape.
Scott.

RUNCHARGER

Humorous actually. I hope they like it, they'll be looking at it for a long time.
Sheldon

anlauto

I wonder if the dealer that has it listed owns it or has it on commission ?  If they bought it thinking they could double up....they better stick to Vettes :alan2cents:
....and who stuck the Cuda emblem on the fender ? If it was the person who restored it...they need a slap in the head... :headbang:

ragtopdodge

1972V21Cuda

I could care less about a sunroof. That car is probably $45k on a perfect day.

cuda hunter

Now, if that car had the V21 treatment on top of the sunroof I would have been a player at the 40K. 

Hopefully it will sell for 75 large.  That will actually bring up the value to all of our lowly 318 cars.  Doesn't bring the value up for aar's and hemi's, but will help 318's a little. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

sdweatherman

My absolute favorite line in the ad description - " If you have ever driven a Cuda with a larger displacement engine you know that they weigh down the front end a great deal and negatively affect the car's handling ability. This car is equipped with the (NOW GETTING RARE) numbers matching lightweight 318 c.i. engine and hooked up to the factory 3-speed automatic transmission, it also comes with Power Steering and Power brakes, it is a real pleasure to drive. "
If 318s are getting rare, I have a few for sale - $5000 money talks, lol. I foresee this car struggling to make $35K.

anlauto

Quote from: sdweatherman on April 18, 2021, 07:58:11 AM
My absolute favorite line in the ad description - " If you have ever driven a Cuda with a larger displacement engine you know that they weigh down the front end a great deal and negatively affect the car's handling ability. This car is equipped with the (NOW GETTING RARE) numbers matching lightweight 318 c.i. engine and hooked up to the factory 3-speed automatic transmission, it also comes with Power Steering and Power brakes, it is a real pleasure to drive. "
If 318s are getting rare, I have a few for sale - $5000 money talks, lol. I foresee this car struggling to make $35K.

Must be corvette guys that own it, no self righteous Mopar guy would write that dribble.... :crazytalk: