Main Menu

1973 Dodge Challenger $15,000.00

Started by MasonDaniel7, September 20, 2019, 12:22:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Lots of cool stuff going on there. I like the bumpers, wheels and stripes.
Sheldon

Plumcrazy72

1972 340 PCP
2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad
2020 Ram Rebel

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

ragtopdodge

Well...that's the starting bid price.  Probably end up near $20k.

I like how the side markers are shaved.  I kinda prefer the window moulding and bumpers to be left chrome, but whatev.

Nice stance.  If rust/bondo-free, would be a killer driver to beat on.

Lack of good pictures and description is troubling.

dave73

Had to take a double take, looks very very close to mine. I had dog dishes on mine not too long ago also.

Anyone know what hood that is? Looks taller and a different shape than a standard t/a hood, been looking for one of those for awhile

anlauto

Funny...flipping through the pictures...DID NOT SEE the green interior coming....threw me for a loop :rofl: :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dave73

Quote from: anlauto on September 20, 2019, 11:21:12 AM
Funny...flipping through the pictures...DID NOT SEE the green interior coming....threw me for a loop :rofl: :rofl:

Yea that is funky. From the underside pictures and interior, I'd be afraid it looks nice on the outside but hiding some issues underneath

ragtopdodge

Quote from: dave73 on September 20, 2019, 10:48:29 AM
Had to take a double take, looks very very close to mine. I had dog dishes on mine not too long ago also.

Anyone know what hood that is? Looks taller and a different shape than a standard t/a hood, been looking for one of those for awhile

Looks like a Mopar six-pack hood, that never came on any e-body, but was popular back in the day as an aftermarket add on:

dave73

The six pack hoods I've seen have are flatter with a bigger scoop, like the one in the picture below. I've been looking for one of these 'bulge' hoods or whatever you call it on this black care for awhile. If anyone knows where I can find one, that'd be amazing

7212Mopar

Got the rallye instrument cluster and no rear sway bars. Base 318 car with swapped instrument cluster?
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

ragtopdodge

Quote from: 7212Mopar on September 20, 2019, 12:39:21 PM
Got the rallye instrument cluster and no rear sway bars. Base 318 car with swapped instrument cluster?

Yes.  JH23G VIN.

Burdar

No way to tell if it's a base model or a Rallye by the VIN.  All 73 VIN's are JH23.  The base engine in the Rallye was a 318.  You'd have to see a picture of the fender tag to see if it's a Rallye or not.  The Rallye should have come with a rear sway bar...even on a 318 car.  The pictures aren't big enough to see for sure, but it looks like the swaybar end link brackets ARE there.

The VIN is 30k lower than mine and mine was built mid October but had a 927 SPD.  So, I would guess this car was built in late Sept to early October of 72.

I'm not a fan of shaved side markers on these cars...even the less attractive 72-74 style.  Since they have already been removed on this car, I think the 68 side markers would be a cool addition and would be easy to add.

ec_co

Quote from: dave73 on September 20, 2019, 12:17:55 PM
The six pack hoods I've seen have are flatter with a bigger scoop, like the one in the picture below. I've been looking for one of these 'bulge' hoods or whatever you call it on this black care for awhile. If anyone knows where I can find one, that'd be amazing

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1970/plymouth/barracuda/parts/ma2448.html
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came